Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

14 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I publicly on this forum asked for a name and webcam and finally today we have both. Like the Legacy part of the name but not so much the union part. The webcam is I guess from the stadium and is fine. I still wonder how a 1000 room hotel can be built in uptown without lots of public dollars.   However I do like the tower design because it is different for Charlotte and that I think adds to the skyline. It is classic design.  Like the fact he is trying to do a lot of retail too. 

Well... theres not a MLS stadium to pay for, and theres no more money going toward Westin starting July 2018. So there you go.

Hope Charlotte pushes for one at 401 College st. Couldn't find a much better location. Abuts the convention center and multiple high rise offices a block or two away. It's a great chance to greatly improve the area if they go that way.

I'd love to see some high end names that we don't have in Charlotte yet rather than the 1000 footer being here. Four seasons and/or a W would be awesome in this complex.

Edited by Nick2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

As I said I like the design because it is classic and will stand the test of time and they are using stone. 

I thought they were using precast concrete. (Though the press release does say stone).

EDIT 2: What is the height of this tower? We have heard 632ft, LH press release says 620ft, and other press releases today say 640ft.

Edited by CLT704

1 hour ago, CLT704 said:

I thought they were using precast concrete. (Though the press release does say stone).

EDIT 2: What is the height of this tower? We have heard 632ft, LH press release says 620ft, and other press releases today say 640ft.

I believing their press release at 620 ft in height and I heard stone way back. Remember Lincoln Harris built the Bank of America corporate center.  65% preleased 33 story tower any city in the southeast would love to have this! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Spectrum is showing some great overhead shots during tonight's preseason game.  This tower will look really good in those shots.

IMG_0811.JPG

That blue LCD board when it was on the screen said 2016 NFL Season lol. High quality work. You know its high quality when you fire Bill Rosinski for Mick MIxon. Mixon is such a joke. 

• Like 1

I believing their press release at 620 ft in height and I heard stone way back. Remember Lincoln Harris built the Bank of America corporate center.  65% preleased 33 story tower any city in the southeast would love to have this! 

Latest schematic showed 632.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe on the press release they repeated 620 which is the address but not the height. I noticed also they have 2 different website addresses too legacyunioncharlotte.com and legacyunionclt.com  620 feet or 632 feet it will still be the 4th tallest building in Charlotte and for comparison taller than anything in Nashville 

Thanks to whoever updated Wikipedia I know it is a UPer. Now the world knows about our Legacy Union Tower 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Maybe on the press release they repeated 620 which is the address but not the height. I noticed also they have 2 different website addresses too legacyunioncharlotte.com and legacyunionclt.com  620 feet or 632 feet it will still be the 4th tallest building in Charlotte and for comparison taller than anything in Nashville 

Thanks to whoever updated Wikipedia I know it is a UPer. Now the world knows about our Legacy Union Tower 

whatever it is... its a hot mess. As someone who writes press releases every once in a while... that was one strange press release. Calling themselves the preeminent commercial real estate developer. Lord, hyperbole is only so effective.

10 hours ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

Cool sneak peak from inside BoA Stadium on the Legacy Union site.

2017_08_09_12_56_01_Legacy_Union.jpg

It's going to be an even better view if the future Duke Energy tower is of substantial enough height (and I'm assuming it will be) to be seen in between both towers from this perspective. Not to mention if LH erects another tower or two on the parcel closer to the stadium. Plus the Mint Museum tower should have more lights on with an increase in tenants.

By ~2020 we might have a nice building cluster view here.

• Like 2

It's going to be an even better view if the future Duke Energy tower is of substantial enough height (and I'm assuming it will be) to be seen in between both towers from this perspective. Not to mention if LH erects another tower or two on the parcel closer to the stadium. Plus the Mint Museum tower should have more lights on with an increase in tenants.

By ~2020 we might have a nice building cluster view here.

I don't think Duke #2 will be visible from this angle. From upper deck yes. I actually think there will be a residential tower that'll block Legacy whatever the fudge at least partially

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, tozmervo said:

In a bizarre and cringey marketing move, they have hired "newsies" to work the corners of Uptown today yelling "Extra Extra, Read all about it, new building to change charlotte's skylines" (or something like that) flinging around some kind of promotional paper. 

you are surely joking.

1 minute ago, KJHburg said:

Good morning Legacy Union maybe we can keep track of how many floors doing in a week now with the webcam https://api.ibeamsystems.com/api/cameras/6a0926d114/large/latest/?timestamped=true

Should we at least give @grodney a severance package since his role has been terminated? Or do we just give him a dedicated position in the "tracking Charlotte Breweries" department?