Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

14 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I still like @grodney angles so his hours maybe cut back but he should update with a photo every now and then..  Maybe we can get Johno to pay his expenses 

@grodney try not to think of this as a demotion. Its more of a new opportunity. Show us that you can spread your wings in a lesser role. 

12 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Spectrum is showing some great overhead shots during tonight's preseason game.  This tower will look really good in those shots.

IMG_0811.JPG

I think this is an old image they used - I saw it on TV last night as well, but today there is no EpiCentre Hotel in this shot lol.  The base of the hotel is glassed in, and in this shot it is still concrete.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AP3 said:

I think this is an old image they used - I saw it on TV last night as well, but today there is no EpiCentre Hotel in this shot lol.  The base of the hotel is glassed in, and in this shot it is still concrete.

yea. its 100% stock photography, nearly always.

I think the most positive thing that has come out of this media blast by Lincoln Harris is the desire to create something like Victory Park in Dallas. To quote Johno Directly, 

“Where in the Southeast, and probably the country, do you have 10 acres, in an urban setting, by a stadium, to do this?”

It might be a PoMo Victory Park, but a Victory Park nonetheless. Maybe we all just have PoMo FoMo.

By the way... most of Victory Park looks terrible from Streetview.

Edited by Guest

26 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I think the most positive thing that has come out of this media blast by Lincoln Harris is the desire to create something like Victory Park in Dallas. To quote Johno Directly, 

It might be a PoMo Victory Park, but a Victory Park nonetheless. Maybe we all just have PoMo FoMo.

By the way... most of Victory Park looks terrible from Streetview.

For some reason, Victory Park has been an epic failure requiring a complete reboot on retail mix.

I have been to Victory Center in Dallas and it is next to the AA Arena. It is really north of downtown and most of the retail is more bar and restaurant oriented but not even much of that. It is more apartments, the Arena and some office space but it is away from heart of downtown Dallas.  Legacy uptown is next to the Stadium despite what most people think do not spin off a not of retail but it is close enough obviously to main heart of uptown.  It has great freeway access. 2 blocks from light rail. Next to the cultural museum district. If anyone can pull this off it is Lincoln Harris. He is leasing lots of new retail at his Rea Farms Village in south Charlotte and maybe he can coax some of them uptown as well. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Squid7085 said:

Can confirm the EXTRA EXTRA Newsies walking around Uptown today. (Pun Intended). Really milking the whole "Legacy" thing. I even saw an old 20's era Ford truck driving around with stacks of the "extra" edition tied up with twine. If you are going to do it, go all the way I guess.

The movie Newsies came out in 1992. Given everything else, I thought they were just in keeping with the late 80s/early 90s theming. 

Edit: The movie Stargate also came out in the early 90s. Seems pretty clear-cut. '

Edited by tozmervo
  • Like 2

Anybody up for Retail Anchor Predictions??

Here are mine.

Chi Chi's, Radio Shack, Circuit City, Kenny Rodgers Roasters, Tower Records, Blockbuster, Borders, & Woolworths

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Anybody up for Retail Anchor Predictions??

Here are mine.

Chi Chi's, Radio Shack, Circuit City, Kenny Rodgers Roasters, Tower Records, Blockbuster, Borders, & Woolworths

:offtopic:Much to my surprise Chi Chi's is still pretty popular in Belgium.

180s.jpg

Edited by kermit

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I have been to Victory Center in Dallas and it is next to the AA Arena. It is really north of downtown and most of the retail is more bar and restaurant oriented but not even much of that. It is more apartments, the Arena and some office space but it is away from heart of downtown Dallas.  Legacy uptown is next to the Stadium despite what most people think do not spin off a not of retail but it is close enough obviously to main heart of uptown.  It has great freeway access. 2 blocks from light rail. Next to the cultural museum district. If anyone can pull this off it is Lincoln Harris. He is leasing lots of new retail at his Rea Farms Village in south Charlotte and maybe he can coax some of them uptown as well. 

Plus tens of thousands filing out of stadium vs a few thousand.

I was hoping for Lum's.