Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

2 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

It was actually 42 floors.

Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 2.27.49 PM.png

He was lucky he stayed with 22. His GC walked off the job when partly finished. He failed to restrict resales of pre-construction buyers who had their agents walking through his under construction building selling against his own team. Not related to this particular project but Jim was an adjoining property neighbor to me once. I wish it on no one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KJHburg said:

Does this parking garage being built for structures to be built on top? I can't tell from their site plan on their website http://legacyunioncharlotte.com/   Are those residential buildings making an L on top of the deck?  

No, those are the retail slots at the bottom of the deck

Sorry Tryon Place, Legacy Union takes the prize for the most ugly parking deck design. Shame the city hasn't banned this. This space could be put to better use.   

how is this parking garage "honoring the past"? 

Heh, heh, we will see about that... (insert ninja emoji)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In terms of this garage how parking spaces does it have and is this the only one or will they more for the hotels, residential etc.   anybody know? I thought I heard a number of spots before but cant remember 

There are 3260 total so far, between the two decks. I think this one has 2700.

5 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

That many spots...should be something pretty cool coming soon

That many spots...should be something pretty cool coming soon

1150 more than DEC/Mint/Bechtler/Knight/Museum Tower. I think there will be one more small deck on site possibly. Hopefully not tho.

Not sure if this was missed, but Johno Harris said that the garage is going to be built to support another tower on top.

So, seems a little premature to go all Trump on the garage, no?

There is a small garage built into the tower. This can support more office. The deck pictured is not built to support anything except cars, and some casual tailgating. I have 51 pages of architectural docs, definitely just a parking deck.

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

You don't seemed outraged by this deck. I'll take it the end product will be worth it and this will turn out great 

You don't seemed outraged by this deck. I'll take it the end product will be worth it and this will turn out great 

Oh I hate it. However, here's what I don't hate... while the retail spaces are not great looking, they soften it. But really this deck won't be visible from many angles except hill and church. It's also an indication of just how much build out is coming. Mint, stonewall and the other half of church will be built up, and guess what... should be mostly devoid of curb cuts, since all the parking is centralized. The biggest detriment to this whole site will be grading, not the deck.

48 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

There is a small garage built into the tower. This can support more office. The deck pictured is not built to support anything except cars, and some casual tailgating. I have 51 pages of architectural docs, definitely just a parking deck.

Shame then!