Storyville Gardens

L'burgnative

8 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I agree, I do not think this is going to be a ride heavy park. That is what a lot of people want and go to theme parks for. I would not go for a bedtime story.

Although I don’t think it will have the RMCs of a Six Flags Park, I do indeed know that there will be rides.  I read somewhere they said there would be about 26 of them, and from the concept art I think there will be at least one roller coaster.  So even if they’re not as thrilling, I believe the immersion of what they come up with will be something  of high quality, and will brings lots of families to Nashville from around the country. I feel like it will turn out to be like massive version of Enchanted Forest in Oregon.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Natti_amusements said:

Although I don’t think it will have the RMCs of a Six Flags Park, I do indeed know that there will be rides.  I read somewhere they said there would be about 26 of them, and from the concept art I think there will be at least one roller coaster.  So even if they’re not as thrilling, I believe the immersion of what they come up with will be something  of high quality, and will brings lots of families to Nashville from around the country. I feel like it will turn out to be like massive version of Enchanted Forest in Oregon.

Please say no, as that place is where they invented the word cheese.

Enchanted Forest|Oregon|Official Site-https://www.enchantedforest.com

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

This theme park would be good for the entire area.  What other big attraction do you have for families with kids?  Broadway is not.  This could increase your tourism of families instead of just single men and women partying it up.  Or conventioneers.  Carowinds owned by Cedar Fair in Charlotte is a huge attraction and draws families from across the Carolinas and they open in the Fall called Scarowninds and even in Dec. for a winter festival.  It opens again in March and stays open into the fall now.    This would be another reason for people to visit Nashville that may not be into the downtown party scene.  Even New Orleans had a theme park until Katrina did so much damage it never reopened.   If any city could pull off a new theme park I would think Nashville could given its already tourist draw and location in the mid south. 

https://www.carowinds.com/

I'm not holding my breath on it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Over the past week, Storyville gardens have ramped up their posting on Facebook, and even updated their office hours. Do we think this means a location announcement will be happening during the coming days/weeks, because if they want to break-ground for their projected late summer to fall date, I would hope they would be somewhat ready to disclose that info to the public.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Natti_amusements said:

Over the past week, Storyville gardens have ramped up their posting on Facebook, and even updated their office hours. Do we think this means a location announcement will be happening during the coming days/weeks, because if they want to break-ground for their projected late summer to fall date, I would hope they would be somewhat ready to disclose that info to the public.

The timing is about right. Mid-year is what I have been hearing.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

No upcoming news is what we have been told. So, who knows?  I am sure wherever this thing goes they are having to jump through hoops and make squirrels sing to get it done.

Yeah ,still find it hard that a Hugh project like this has gone undetected. I closely monitor the agenda of things in Lebanon, watch city council meetings live. And there’s no mention or signs of this here, other then the one time Mayor Bell mentioned the NBJ article and said he couldn’t talk about it, but the city would be giving them ( the developers) monies and incentives if needed. I’ve seen multiple times, survey crews all over the proposed site in Lebanon , along with seeing people on ATV’s with what appeared to be blueprints. I would think the actual site has been picked a long time ago, just on a design and engineering standpoint alone or if not they still are many months if not years from shovels in the ground. Maybe these so called two possible sites (Hendersonville and Lebanon) are just decoys, and they are actually working in another undetectable area like Dickson, Columbia etc. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Natti_amusements said:

I am considering moving to Nashville, and being a theme park enthusiast I like keeping up to date with a project like this, especially because there’s isn’t anything like it in the area

Good to know, it is exciting to have the possibility of having this park here in our area. Hopefully we will know soon exactly where they plan to build, I of course am hoping for Lebanon, but we shall see. 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2022 at 8:10 PM, Natti_amusements said:

I am considering moving to Nashville, and being a theme park enthusiast I’m trying to keep up to date with the project, especially because there isn’t anything like it in the area. With that being said tho, anything is better than where I live (theme-park wise) cause the closest one from me is a 3.5 hour flight.

You would also be 3.5 - 4 hours from the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. Dollywood is in Pigeon Forge just before you get there and is a vastly superior theme park to whatever this will end up being.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, glamdring269 said:

You would also be 3.5 - 4 hours from the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. Dollywood is in Pigeon Forge just before you get there and is a vastly superior theme park to whatever this will end up being.

Maybe they'll surprise us.  Let's give it a chance.  Yes, Dollywood is a nice park.  Keep in mind, what we know it as today is not how DW started.

• Like 2

On 7/5/2022 at 8:10 PM, Natti_amusements said:

I am considering moving to Nashville, and being a theme park enthusiast I’m trying to keep up to date with the project, especially because there isn’t anything like it in the area. With that being said tho, anything is better than where I live (theme-park wise) cause the closest one from me is a 3.5 hour flight.

I'm a theme park enthusiast as well — while Nashville doesn't have a theme park, there are a lot of parks within a 3-4 hour drive: Dollywood, Kings Island, Six Flags Over Georgia, Holiday World, Kentucky Kingdom in addition to lower-tier parks like Lake Winnie (outside of Chattanooga), Beech Bend (an hour away in Bowling Green), Alabama Adventure and Fun Spot Atlanta (soon to have an RMC coaster). That's honestly a big part of what brought me to Nashville from Memphis, where the closest park is the very mediocre Magic Springs in Hot Springs, AR.

Plus, BNA gives you nonstop (short) flights to an even larger number of parks. For cities without a theme park, Nashville is probably one of the best in terms of proximity and access.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, nashville born said:

Maybe they'll surprise us.  Let's give it a chance.  Yes, Dollywood is a nice park.  Keep in mind, what we know it as today is not how DW started.

Truth! I remember my family visiting Dollywood when it was formerly known as Gold Rush Junction in the late late 60's/early 70's. As for attractions it  only had a log flume ride and mad mouse coaster plus the historic train ride that used to seem to travel so far outside the park. Before that it was known as Rebel Railroad with just the train ride. 

In addition to Opryland, Nashville at one time had Fair Park at the fairgrounds which had a medium size wooden coaster, Skyliner, in addition to other amusement rides:

Edited by Markitecture
log flume ride*

I heard that on June 14th , the developers had a location reveal party at the Virgin Hotel . I’m guessing it was for the investors and dignitaries, but that was three weeks ago. If this is true, why are they still waiting on making the location public? Why do they need to be so secretive and mysterious? Does anyone have anything that can be shared? Smeags….? 

We have reached out to them and they are not sharing anything. These folks are not very forthcoming with information. They either have nothing and its a big flop or nothing to share because they are not ready. 

I really don’t know. Everything is really close to the vest on this one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

We have reached out to them and they are not sharing anything. These folks are not very forthcoming with information. They either have nothing and its a big flop or nothing to share because they are not ready. 

I really don’t know. Everything is really close to the vest on this one.

Thanks Smeags, yeah this project has been kinda weird all along. Don’t know what to make of it, seemed like it started to have some legs , with bringing in Pat Emery and they have a great design team with Storyland Studios. But it’s just not going along like normal projects, as I said above very secretive, and really not showing up on any radar within the metro , which for such a large undertaking you would think it would be in the news more often. Strange, very Strange.

Now this is something I wish we could have. Granted I am biased as I love Disney/Universal parks. Universal is opening a new park in 2025. Nintendo/How To Train Your Dragon/Harry Potter...Yes please

. I just can't get behind Storyville. It doesn't look like a place that would exciting enough to go back to. 

Epic-Universe-Concept-Art-Labels2020h-sc

• Like 1

I am with you. I am not fired up about this. It seems as if it is going to be a family friendly Theme Park aimed at small children. It may fill a small niche in the market here, but there is room for a lot more growth if there is not more to this park. It really looks sort of lame in my book.

I hope I am wrong.

• Like 3