Jump to content

Storyville Gardens


L'burgnative

Recommended Posts


8 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I agree, I do not think this is going to be a ride heavy park. That is what a lot of people want and go to theme parks for. I would not go for a bedtime story.

Although I don’t think it will have the RMCs of a Six Flags Park, I do indeed know that there will be rides.  I read somewhere they said there would be about 26 of them, and from the concept art I think there will be at least one roller coaster.  So even if they’re not as thrilling, I believe the immersion of what they come up with will be something  of high quality, and will brings lots of families to Nashville from around the country. I feel like it will turn out to be like massive version of Enchanted Forest in Oregon.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Natti_amusements said:

Although I don’t think it will have the RMCs of a Six Flags Park, I do indeed know that there will be rides.  I read somewhere they said there would be about 26 of them, and from the concept art I think there will be at least one roller coaster.  So even if they’re not as thrilling, I believe the immersion of what they come up with will be something  of high quality, and will brings lots of families to Nashville from around the country. I feel like it will turn out to be like massive version of Enchanted Forest in Oregon.

Please say no, as that place is where they invented the word cheese.

Enchanted Forest|Oregon|Official Site-https://www.enchantedforest.com

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

This theme park would be good for the entire area.  What other big attraction do you have for families with kids?  Broadway is not.  This could increase your tourism of families instead of just single men and women partying it up.  Or conventioneers.  Carowinds owned by Cedar Fair in Charlotte is a huge attraction and draws families from across the Carolinas and they open in the Fall called Scarowninds and even in Dec. for a winter festival.  It opens again in March and stays open into the fall now.    This would be another reason for people to visit Nashville that may not be into the downtown party scene.  Even New Orleans had a theme park until Katrina did so much damage it never reopened.   If any city could pull off a new theme park I would think Nashville could given its already tourist draw and location in the mid south. 

https://www.carowinds.com/

I'm not holding my breath on it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Over the past week, Storyville gardens have ramped up their posting on Facebook, and even updated their office hours. Do we think this means a location announcement will be happening during the coming days/weeks, because if they want to break-ground for their projected late summer to fall date, I would hope they would be somewhat ready to disclose that info to the public.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Natti_amusements said:

Over the past week, Storyville gardens have ramped up their posting on Facebook, and even updated their office hours. Do we think this means a location announcement will be happening during the coming days/weeks, because if they want to break-ground for their projected late summer to fall date, I would hope they would be somewhat ready to disclose that info to the public.

The timing is about right. Mid-year is what I have been hearing.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2022 at 11:22 PM, smeagolsfree said:

The timing is about right. Mid-year is what I have been hearing.

And within the next day or two it will have been 1 year since the project was confirmed. If we're lucky we may get an update in light of it being the 1 year anniversary of it's announcement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

No upcoming news is what we have been told. So, who knows?  I am sure wherever this thing goes they are having to jump through hoops and make squirrels sing to get it done.

Yeah ,still find it hard that a Hugh project like this has gone undetected. I closely monitor the agenda of things in Lebanon, watch city council meetings live. And there’s no mention or signs of this here, other then the one time Mayor Bell mentioned the NBJ article and said he couldn’t talk about it, but the city would be giving them ( the developers) monies and incentives if needed. I’ve seen multiple times, survey crews all over the proposed site in Lebanon , along with seeing people on ATV’s with what appeared to be blueprints. I would think the actual site has been picked a long time ago, just on a design and engineering standpoint alone or if not they still are many months if not years from shovels in the ground. Maybe these so called two possible sites (Hendersonville and Lebanon) are just decoys, and they are actually working in another undetectable area like Dickson, Columbia etc. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.