Storyville Gardens

L'burgnative

While I am expecting the park to be family friendly, I am hoping they can pull in a crowd if they get the theming right. Also, as well as being the only theme park in Nashville if it does get built, it will also be the only family park in the south, due to places like Dutch Wonderland & Story land being up north. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Exciting News! Storyville gardens have said on their Facebook that they’re going to announce their construction management team soon, hinting at ground breaking any time now. They have also tagged a construction company called ConstructConnect, a construction company from Ohio, which are almost certainly the people the have contracted to build the place.

• Like 4

ConstructConect is a bidding site like dodge or bidclerk. That may be who they are using to release bids through, but they are not a GC.

Sometimes it is hard to figure out what some of these people mean if you do not know the industry.

Here is the article   Top 10 major upcoming entertainment facility and stadium-arena construction projects - U.S. - July 2022 - constructconnect.com

Here is the Statement:

We have some exciting news to share! Storyville Gardens was listed among the ten largest upcoming entertainment construction projects in the U.S. In addition, we will be announcing our construction management team soon. So Stay Tuned! ConstructConnect

Commercial Construction Projects Leads | ConstructConnect

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It appears that ConstuctConnect is a software management company. They link developers and construction companies together, to help the process move smoothly. But I do think that time is getting near , that location and construction timeframe and all that good stuff will be revealed. 

Yeah, to be honest I didn’t even notice they weren’t a construction company when I first posted that but, now that I go back to their page I see what you mean, and I also didn’t notice that was the site they linked to the post. At least the time is getting closer for future announcements 

Edited by Natti_amusements
  • Like 1

My concern is space. Without room to grow and build new attractions that bring people back to the park, its long-term success will be difficult. But perhaps it will do well as is since the target demographic is so specific. Time will tell.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Well, I am not holding my breath or overly excited. The more I see of this the less excited I become. It all seems to be very underwhelming to say the least.

Me too... lots of pictures!!!!   Maybe it's not really Storyville Gardens, but Storybook Pictures. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nashville Zoo pulls in about a million guests a year on approximately the same acreage as Storyville, and my guess is the zoo operations and maintenance budgets are significantly bigger.  Cheekwood pulls in about 400k annual guests on about 1/3rd the acreage.  There's clearly a fair amount of demand for outdoor self-guided park experiences with few traditional rides, but to give these numbers some context, even  comparable rollercoaster-heavy regional theme parks only pull in 2 to 4 times more guests than the zoo, and the tickets cost twice as much. 

There are lots of other factors that will come into play as to whether or not this park will ultimately be a success should it come to fruition, but as always, there's a pretty good chance that those who don't like much of what they see in this proposal are simply not in the target demographic and are not expected or frankly intended to be excited about Storyville. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ruraljuror said:

Nashville Zoo pulls in about a million guests a year on approximately the same acreage as Storyville, and my guess is the zoo operations and maintenance budgets are significantly bigger.  Cheekwood pulls in about 400k annual guests on about 1/3rd the acreage.  There's clearly a fair amount of demand for outdoor self-guided park experiences with few traditional rides, but to give these numbers some context, even  comparable rollercoaster-heavy regional theme parks only pull in 2 to 4 times more guests than the zoo, and the tickets cost twice as much. 

There are lots of other factors that will come into play as to whether or not this park will ultimately be a success should it come to fruition, but as always, there's a pretty good chance that those who don't like much of what they see in this proposal are simply not in the target demographic and are not expected or frankly intended to be excited about Storyville. 

In comparing the business of Nashville Zoo and Cheekwood with that of the proposed Storyville Gardens, it seems important to consider that both the zoo and Cheekwood are non-profits. They depend heavily on memberships, fundraising events, grants, and donations, not just ticket sales. Ticket sales alone would be woefully inadequate to fund the operation of either enterprise.

• Like 2

Maybe the stories will change periodically to keep things fresh.  Obviously this is not going to be the typical ride driven park.  But, that doesn't mean it can't or won't succeed.  It will not be a Disney or Universal Studios.  Nor will it be a Busch Gardens or a Six Flags.  I don't think that is their intent.  However, it could have the story telling components of Disney and Universal.  It could possible be more like a smaller scaled version of Epcot. 

There target market could be along the same lines as Sesame Place in Pennsylvania.  Families with young kids.  While Sesame Place has rides, they certainly are not the thrill rides that teens and adults would be wanting in a theme park.   The are thrilling to young kids.  Sesame Place is like taking the kiddie area of a major theme park like Six Flags and exploding it into its own park.  Yes, the rides are bigger.  But they are still very tamed by comparison.

Storyville could also do seasonal events to keep the park fresh for locals.

I think some people are letting their desire for a major amusement park skew their thoughts about the intent and appeal behind the theme for Storyville.  If Nashville maintains its status as a destination city, it will be able to support a park like Storyville and a major amusement park like a Busch Gardens or Six Flags should that ever happen.  Nashville will not be an Orlando.  But, it can Orlando-ish if it opens the door to that opportunity.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We have to remember this will be a Theme Park and not an Amusement Park. There is a difference. In general, ThemeParks can draw larger crowds if they are successful.  They are built around a Theme like Opryland was.

An Amusement Park is more like Six Flags or Cedar Fair which is ride heavy. We will have to see what the balance is between rides and Theme here. If it is a good balance like Opryland, then it will do OK. Their lack of transparency thus far has me concerned. You would think they would be talking this up publicly rather than at the civic clubs. They are seemingly talking to the money people still and that is a little late in this process.

You would think they would want a lot of free publicity to talk this up and build excitement if they are getting close to groundbreaking. Something just is not right. I hope they are reading this as they are spreading doubt!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

In comparing the business of Nashville Zoo and Cheekwood with that of the proposed Storyville Gardens, it seems important to consider that both the zoo and Cheekwood are non-profits. They depend heavily on memberships, fundraising events, grants, and donations, not just ticket sales. Ticket sales alone would be woefully inadequate to fund the operation of either enterprise.

Great point

From what I have heard in terms of rides there will be a log ride, dark ride, boat ride like pirates of Caribbean, as well as a family coaster and other flats. While this doesn’t do much in the thrill department, if the theming is right then I can see this park being a successful family park with Disney-esque immersion.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The Dodge Bidding site, says that the information contained on the site is accurate and verified. For whatever that’s worth, take it with a grain of salt. As I mentioned earlier, I seen pictures from a event held months ago, at the Virgin Hotel that clearly stated it was the location reveal party. So apparently the site is known, at least in the developers inner circle. So why continue to not go public? If there’s anyone reading this , that is connected to this development or has the intel please let us know the reason why it’s so secretive.

Edited by Luvemtall

Anyone recall rumors from long ago that Disney was looking into building a music-centered theme park along the I-40 corridor east of the airport. I seem to remember it was not to be another Magic Kingdom, but more like one of the satellite parks around WDW in FL, sort of an Epcot for music from around the USA/World as I recall.  I heard from someone they even went as far as buying options on the property, then got scared or thought it might cannibalize their existing parks in the country.  I'm guessing it was around 2005, or so. I think that would have been sensational, given the success of Dollywood since then. 

Just read over the weekend that D'wood is investing  a half-billion over the next 8 years and aims to become a year-round park, Wildwood Grove:  https://coasternation.com/new-roller-coaster-coming-to-dollywood-in-2023/ 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Luvemtall said:

The Dodge Bidding site, says that the information contained on the site is accurate and verified. For whatever that’s worth, take it with a grain of salt. As I mentioned earlier, I seen pictures from a event held months ago, at the Virgin Hotel that clearly stated it was the location reveal party. So apparently the site is known, at least in the developers inner circle. So why continue to not go public? If there’s anyone reading this , that is connected to this development or has the intel please let us know the reason why it’s so secretive.

Not going public enables developers and those in the know an opportunity to buy up some neighboring land to later sell/develop as amenities and infrastructure needs grow if the park is successful. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1