Storyville Gardens

L'burgnative

14 hours ago, VSRJ said:

If there's a will, there's a way when it comes to cramming rides into a land-locked space. See Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen and Blackpool Pleasure Beach in England:

According to this video from August of 2021, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmT3TUCXje0 the zoo expansion is 40 acres. I would imagine that most of it would be for the safari experience. According to this video that Natti_amusements posted some time ago, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCPnSwi6fJs&t=672s Storyville Gardens in total is 165 acres. Of that, the park itself is only around 40 acres with “a lot of parking, three hotels, and quite a bit of retail, dining, and entertainment surrounding the park.” Forty acres doesn’t seem like a ton of space, but as you point out, Tivoli Gardens (20 acres) and Blackpool Pleasure Beach (42 acres) are able to do a lot with a little. The relevant portion of the Storyville video begins at 8:32.

Edited by Winter Panda
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Universal Studios has announced they will build a park in Frisco, TX (north of Dallas). They currently own 97 acres, and word is the Texas park will be smaller than the California or Florida parks.

I like this concept so much more than Storyville. 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2023 at 3:51 PM, VSRJ said:

I like this concept so much more than Storyville. 

I definitely do too, but I think part of that has to do with the Universal brand name,  which is synonymous w high quality & reliability. We already know what they can do, and with it being in such a big metro area (Dallas/Fort Worth) compared to the size of the actual park, I can already imagine this new project being build in the next half decade and potentially being the best park for families in the US pretty soon. 
As for Storyville, it’s developers are “optimistic” at best,  and a park based around books isn’t going to appeal to kids as much as stepping into your favourite universal/ dream works properties. It’s quality might be there but we don’t know that yet, and it’s doesn’t seem to be getting enough momentum for us to find out.

With it being a Universal Park, there’s really no chance of failure. So would it be if it was a Disney or Legoland or Busch Gardens, they have the name and reputation to back them. As for Storyville, they are starting from scratch. But hey, at one point there wasn’t any Theme Parks, a man named Walt changed that! So you have to start somewhere. I just seen a small article in some construction magazine from about two months ago , that talked about Storyville and it stated that they now have cost at (1) one billion dollars! And they are posting on their  social media outlets more frequently and even are responding to the comments left. They say they are actively working on all the details and word will be coming soon. I know we have all heard that before, but as mentioned before the passing of Pat Emery had to definitely set them back. It also stated that they now have a GC and construction is set to begin in June ‘23

Below is a picture that Universal released of the Frisco park. Pretty exciting to see something pop up in Texas.  Universal has been leading the way recently with development, so not a surprise they would be announcing another park. Disney has a lot of issues right now; and this park is a targeted directly towards their market. Kinda funny that Universal announces a completely new park the day after Disney does this big media push announcing the open date for the Tron ride and then some reservation changes. 

Edited by bigeasy
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

I just seen a small article in some construction magazine from about two months ago , that talked about Storyville and it stated that they now have cost at (1) one billion dollars!

Could you put a link to that article, or at least where you can find it?  I couldn’t find anything myself and curious to have a read if possible 

11 hours ago, Natti_amusements said:

Could you put a link to that article, or at least where you can find it?  I couldn’t find anything myself and curious to have a read if possible 

I will look into it, can’t remember exactly where it was that I seen it. I read a lot and watch a bunch of documentaries , but it wasn’t to long ago so there’s hope !

• 1 month later...

I still say they are putting the cart in front of the horse, literally by doing presales before the location has yet to be determined or any earth has been moved. If I were a potential customer there is no way I would be putting money up front. BTW, I am not a potential customer in any way shape or form. This does not appeal to me. I was somewhat excited to see this happen at first but now, I can't say this will be anything special. 

There are still no details, and they are still too secretive with their plans, investors, location, etc. It makes me believe as others do this project is in deep doo doo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

There are still no details, and they are still too secretive with their plans, investors, location, etc. It makes me believe as others do this project is in deep doo doo.

I really think this project is on life support at best. And I agree, they are to secretive to be taking seriously. I did hear rumors that there’s something else possible in the works , not Storyville. And I found something on the Lebanon City website that might follow along on that line. Look at the forth item down on this page from city economic development report. Working on a large scale tourist development. EF935A68-1B20-4629-91FD-A2939469B45A.thumb.jpeg.bc8677f794cbd416eecc06fe6e1f3f71.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

The average size of an 18 hole golf course is 110-190 acres, with a 9 hole being roughly half that. That's a lot of space that would eat into the planned theme park, so I'm thinking that the spot in Lebanon right off I-40 would be out of the running. I'm not sure why Piza would be involved unless there was at least a 9 hole course. Could be promising for this project, and may be the reason not much has been heard if they are needing to expand their land search to accomodate for this. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I’m going to be totally honest right up front, what I’m about to post is just speculation on my part. 
but I was just looking around at some real estate sites and stumbled upon something that makes me wonder. A few months back a listing from JLL commercial real estate posted , that was referred to as the Nashville Megasite . It’s 1500 acres all along State Route 452 between I-840 and State Route 231 , both in Wilson and Rutherford counties surrounding the SuperSpeedway . 
Now above in a post it mentions DeLisa Guerrier say “Type of meeting that change regions “ and two Internationally known entertainment and golf developers entered the picture. Then Mel McGowan for Storyland Studios says on a podcast that they just meet with realtors about a piece of property. Well a week later the Megasite is now under contract, is this just coincidence? Or is something big evolving that might be more then we have been thinking. Like I said above , this is just speculation on my part, but I have a feeling that something is brewing. Could it be connected to Storyville Gardens, not sure but it’s some food for thought . 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Luvemtall said:

I’m going to be totally honest right up front, what I’m about to post is just speculation on my part. 
but I was just looking around at some real estate sites and stumbled upon something that makes me wonder. A few months back a listing from JLL commercial real estate posted , that was referred to as the Nashville Megasite . It’s 1500 acres all along State Route 452 between I-840 and State Route 231 , both in Wilson and Rutherford counties surrounding the SuperSpeedway . 
Now above in a post it mentions DeLisa Guerrier say “Type of meeting that change regions “ and two Internationally known entertainment and golf developers entered the picture. Then Mel McGowan for Storyland Studios says on a podcast that they just meet with realtors about a piece of property. Well a week later the Megasite is now under contract, is this just coincidence? Or is something big evolving that might be more then we have been thinking. Like I said above , this is just speculation on my part, but I have a feeling that something is brewing. Could it be connected to Storyville Gardens, not sure but it’s some food for thought . 

I've always said that the old superspeedway site would be the ideal location for a new theme park.  The infrastructure is already there, including a large exit on I-840 originally designed for the superspeedway traffic, and it's within easy access to thousands of potential summer employees in Rutherford and Wilson counties.  It's nice and flat, too, and has (apparently) lots of available land.  1500 acres seems a bit excessive, but who knows.  If the people behind Storyland are serious, then this does seem like a logical location to me.

• Like 4

Also the ability to control the needed support services, such as Hotels, Restaurants, retailers etc. it could play out very well, and create an entertainment environment similar to the Parkway in Pigeon Forge. Again this is just speculation, I really would like it , if they could be more transparent about what’s happening. 

• Like 2

On 6/13/2023 at 8:52 AM, Luvemtall said:

Also the ability to control the needed support services, such as Hotels, Restaurants, retailers etc. it could play out very well, and create an entertainment environment similar to the Parkway in Pigeon Forge. Again this is just speculation, I really would like it , if they could be more transparent about what’s happening. 

Unfortunately for enthusiasts like us, the more transparent developers are, the more susceptible they are to purposeful monkey wrenching (City Lights) and/or price gouging.

Yeah being too transparent before things are locked in can lead to a development failing.  Currently Storyville gardens are stating no delays for the project, and that a 2025 opening date is still the goal, as of Facebook comments 2 or so days ago. Not sure if 2025 will happen depending if the project has evolved to become bigger than expected, but good to see them at least answering some questions.

https://www.facebook.com/storyvillegardens

Screenshot (29).jpg

• Like 1