Storyville Gardens

L'burgnative

6 minutes ago, TheRaglander said:

Ok I searched and searched but cannot find it so maybe y'all can help me remember.  AFTER the "Festival Tennessee" Spring Hill proposal there was another smaller grassroots attempt at an amusement park.  I remember seeing it online and thought they were hoping for property in Spring Hill or Columbia.  They even went through the art work to sell pictures of the animal mascot/character prints to help raise money for the park.  Does anyone remember this plan?

I  vaguely remember that, I do remember the plans for the biblical story theme park off of I-40 in Lebanon which folded faster then you could blink!

• 4 weeks later...

In the article, it kinda suggests that a site has been chosen. I would assume it would need be, in order to get engineering work and plot plans, permitting, etc.. done . Is there any hints out there as to the location? It’s going to be a good size chunk of land, how long can this be hidden ?

Would they not need to let the neighbors know? Or have some kind of community involvement?

On 11/30/2021 at 12:48 PM, Luvemtall said:

Would they not need to let the neighbors know? Or have some kind of community involvement?

I would think the land would have to be re-zoned to allow a theme park and in which case the neighbors would have to be notified. Looking quickly at the land use table, I'm not sure how Metro would classify this as "theme park" is not listed in their zoning. 

It's not in Metro Davidson for one thing I would doubt. There is no way this will be in Davison County. Land prices in Davidson make it too expensive. This will be in one of the outlying Counties, and my guess is Wilson, Rutherford maybe Williamson. There is a chance that it could go somewhere else, but you want it close to one of the interstates with easy access to Nashville. This will probably rule out Sumner, Cheatham, Dickson & Rutherford as property values are going pretty high there with lots of subdivisions taking up available land, but there are places in Rutherford County that could work.  I have a guess as to which corridor it would go on.

The only counties capable of doing infrastructure for this type of project would be Wilson, Williamson, Rutherford, & Sumner. Sumner is a little too far out, IMO.  There has to be available infrastructure close by to handle this, with Interstate access, so start looking at the map and figure it out.  

So...... Look somewhere on 840 between Franklin & Lebanon 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

So...... Look somewhere on 840 between Franklin & Lebanon 

That’s my guess also. I’m with you on the reasoning your saying not Davidson, I think even Williamson might be a long shot. Except I believe that the Developers live in Williamson. My thoughts are anywhere around the SuperSpeedway area of I-840, lots of land, larger interchange, quick drive to both I24 & I-40 . 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

That’s my guess also. I’m with you on the reasoning your saying not Davidson, I think even Williamson might be a long shot. Except I believe that the Developers live in Williamson. My thoughts are anywhere around the SuperSpeedway area of I-840, lots of land, larger interchange, quick drive to both I24 & I-40 . 

Plus you need "flat" land.  There isn't much of it in Williamson County along the 840 corridor between Franklin and the Rutherford County line.  This just feels like a "Wilson County" thing to me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheRaglander said:

Plus you need "flat" land.  There isn't much of it in Williamson County along the 840 corridor between Franklin and the Rutherford County line.  This just feels like a "Wilson County" thing to me.

Agreed. This project will not happen. Strange it has a 6 page thread here

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

Don’t know how much truth there is with this, but it kinda makes sense. Just heard from a very reliable source, who is a large contractor with the City of Lebanon . That this Storyville Gardens theme park has caught the eye of Dolly Parton, since it’s about story telling and book reading. So, he tells me that she is getting involved with this as a partner and co developer . And that property at the 1-840 interchange in Lebanon is the perspective location. We all know Dolly has been interested in a park in the Nashville area and since she has her imagination library for children, there might just be something to this. As I said, this is rumor , nothing else. If anyone does have any intel , please share if you can. 

I've always said that if a new theme park were to be built in the Nashville area, Wilson County south of Lebanon along I-840 would be the ideal location.  I hope this happens.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

That seems like a WILDLY complex interchange lol

All of the I-840 interchanges are unnecessarily complex, I'm not sure why. It makes sense at each end as they were designed to allow for future extensions to the north, less so at I-24 and I-65.

My understanding of the I-40 interchange in Wilson County is that the flyover ramp from westbound I-40 to westbound I-840 was originally supposed to go over the I-840 mainline as it would be extended to the north, but when that was dropped the alignment for the flyover remained with the bridge simply filled in. This causes issues for this extension as construction of the I-840 mainline must either close down the flyover or bridge it (a tough task as it's quite a bit higher than the surrounding area). Even so, this concept doesn't utilize the built-in features of the existing interchange, like dropping the cloverleaf ramps for flyovers. It's all in the middle of a cedar glade too which is going to cause environmental issues.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

Found this the other day, not sure what it’s about

Isn't that proposal just turning the existing T interchange into an off-center stack interchange? Off-center presumably to make use of the existing flyover ramps and avoid a true 3-level structure in the center. Overkill probably, but a lot more pleasant and safe to drive on than all the tight cloverleaves around, at the cost of nature as the post above notes. The only reason I could think of for building such a high capacity interchange would be to future-proof, particularly for the possibility of the northern part of the 840 ring being completed (I know that's been scrapped for now). Otherwise some of those ramps - the ones connecting I-40 to the short extension - would get minimal usage, and a half-stack half-cloverleaf thing like the western intersection of I-540 and I-40 in Raleigh NC would make more sense and save space and bridges.

Edited by AsianintheNations
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, smeagolsfree said:

The prospects for this to materialized just increased to about 75% IMO.

The project’s leadership team also includes Ian Sarjeant of Legoland, Core Real Estate, Compass Partners, law firm Bradley Arant Boult Cummings, and finance consultant Rich Riebeling, a statement said. Riebeling served as finance director under Mayor Karl Dean and chief operating officer under mayors Megan Barry and David Briley.

Lots of big players involved. Curious to see where the site is. I think Wilson County next to 840/40 is the best spot.