Storyville Gardens

L'burgnative

All depends on how it’s designed, if they utilize parking garages even for employees and have some remote parking lots ( there’s many parcels available in that area and use trams it would work ) . As mentioned above 100 acres is about the size of Disneyland , so it’s conceivable. Even Busch Gardens in Tampa is land locked, and they have that Hugh safari taking up most of that park. And after thinking about this a bit, I could see how this site could have gone undetected, theme parks I believe are included in its current zoning. 

1 hour ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Doesn’t seem logical to announce a location that is SMALLER than previous indications. (Guest and employee parking will take up a big chunk of the property.) This means the park is less than earlier expectations AND there’s no room for future expansion.

I remain skeptical.

This is a good point. A difficult location if expansion is being looked into on down the road after a few years.

I'd think they would want to over purchase what they need, acreage-wise at first, instead of under purchasing. For expansion planning. 

Disneyland in Anaheim has said many times they wish they had located in a city that allows more expansion, similar to Disney World.

• Like 1

I think the big misconception here is this is not going to be a amusement park like some might be inclined to think. From all information on their website it’s going to be a interactive immersive theme park. So it’s not going to be competitive to six flags or cedar point etc. so maybe they don’t need that “extra” land for future “ rides” such as big land area roller coasters etc. 

1 hour ago, gannman said:

Briley Pkwy interchange traffic already backs-up on weekends or during special events, creating  unsafe driving conditions.

This is my point-the crowds are already there. This is why Universal Studios in Orlando is less than 10 miles from Disney World.

When Walt Disney opened Disneyland in the 50's the Disney Company had already built a successful cartoon and movie franchise so it had instant name recognition. Plus the park was built in an LA suburb and not out in the desert.

The developers of this project are asking people to travel to one end of Nashville's metropolitan region (and who knows what gas prices will be at that point) and spend money on something they know nothing about.

Very iffy proposition in my estimation.

Would be happy to be proven wrong of course.

• Like 1

@bnacincyyour comments are suggesting that This location in Lebanon is So far out. When it’s only 20 - 25 minutes from BNA and 35 from Downtown. That’s not far by any means. And as mentioned before, land prices in Davidson are probably prohibiting. 150 acres around Music Valley would probably not be 12 million as this is low even in Wilson. 

• Like 2

My concern for this location being in Lebanon is more related to the distance from all the hotels, food, etc. If people are traveling to Nashville just for the park, would a family really want to drive the 25 min every time?  I am a huge Disney fan and staying in close proximity is part of the appeal (not on site though as their prices are insane). This location (and really overall design) has a more local and maybe regional draw, vs say a Disney/Universal that is pulling in tourists from everywhere. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigeasy said:

My concern for this location being in Lebanon is more related to the distance from all the hotels, food, etc. If people are traveling to Nashville just for the park, would a family really want to drive the 25 min every time?  I am a huge Disney fan and staying in close proximity is part of the appeal (not on site though as their prices are insane). This location (and really overall design) has a more local and maybe regional draw, vs say a Disney/Universal that is pulling in tourists from everywhere. 

My guess is that with folks like Pat Emery involved they are already working on plans for a major host hotel, and other developers will want to cash in on  hospitality-related infrastructure within a mile or two of the site .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bigeasy said:

Hopefully, the park will spur some smaller scale hotel developments and attract some smaller scale attractions to turn the area into more of an area destination than just the park itself.

• Like 2

There has to be a reason why they’re looking at buying the land that is basically next door to the Wilson County / TN State Fairgrounds.  I do believe having frontage on I-40 is a “win” as far as visibility…and being next to the County / State Fair can’t hurt, with as many people as they bring in.  But they will be a bit landlocked…unless there is some kind of potential agreement with Wilson County for future expansion onto the fairgrounds area if needed?

Edited by titanhog
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bigeasy said:

This isn't too dissimilar from Kings Island in Cincinnati, though. For residents on the west side of town, it's a 45-minute trek to the theme park and yet it remains an attraction for the entire region. 25 minutes (or less for the likes of Mt. Juliet) is nothing. This is very much a "If you build it they will come" scenario as far as the remaining needs with hotel, food, etc.

• Like 3

I’m really thinking that with the likes of Pat Emery, Core realty,  etc involved with this . That as mentioned all this has been thought about. Something like this will definitely spur development of entertainment/ food / lodging offerings surrounding it. And I think one of the main reasons for this site is the availablity of a WEGO STAR station being built within a short distance,  I’m sure all parties involved have been working on all aspects of this. This is a Major development, and if all this is true and this is its location, it will change the whole of Lebanon in a complete transformation of the area.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

As the crow flies the WEGO Station is about 1.5 miles away. If the Star runs on a regular basis, they will still have to do major upgrades to the line.

The existing rail line past the Lebanon station is about a third of a mile away from the site. They could add a spur to the site, or a station on the existing line if they want to give people the Disney World style walk twelve miles a day experience.

This site also has a big cedar glade on it, not sure how I feel about that. They ought to include a nature-type section highlighting the cedar glade and the flora/fauna within.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, PruneTracy said:

The existing rail line past the Lebanon station is about a third of a mile away from the site. They could add a spur to the site, or a station on the existing line if they want to give people the Disney World style walk twelve miles a day experience.

Yep, that’s what I was talking about. The city has been talking about a new station being built near the fairgrounds for awhile now. I could see a spur line into the Theme Park area or a tram like Disney and Dollywood and most parks have to shuttle people to and from the station.

• Like 1

Thanks Smeags! Good perspective of the possibilities. If you look in the upper right corner, Prairie Grass ave is actually the parking lots of the Fairgrounds. Shows the potential for a central train station serving both venues. Briskin lane is already in the pipeline for widening with a traffic light at Sparta Pike ( hwy 70) where you see the Shell gas station. And I also do believe that if this is actually the true spot for park, that more property will become available for either expansion or other hospitality projects to support the need for lodging/food. 

• Like 2

So now it appears, that the NBJ story, although it came from the top dog of the Wilson County development agency might not be the final answer to the question of where this is going to happen. Why do you think the Developers are still hiding the location, they have to have it ?  If not and they are still deciding, how do they expect to break ground by years end?  Plans have to be made for the exact location for infrastructure and go before many departments and agencies. This is confusing, any thoughts? And does anyone know the third location they are talking about?

• Like 1