Alamance Crossing

NCgfx

Whats the difference between the regular Sears and Grand or Essentials?

At any rate, I have a new vision for the roads in that area in light of the new info. Construct traffic circle (oval, to be politically correct) around the building, incorporating Forestdale Drive, Boone Station Drive, International Drive, and the current parking lot. Include an entrance to the Sears store from the current rear side of K-Mart with sidewalks, street lamps, and benches on either side of the traffic circle. On the side of the traffic circle opposite of the Sears, small shops, restaurants, and light residential could be thrown in rear side. In front, include 2 small, well manicured green spaces with ponds and water fountains parted by a small thoroughfare which connects to the restaurants on the other end of the parking lot. Remove Biscuitville and KFC and replace with The Cutting Board and The Melting Pot. What about parking? Underground! :shades:

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

i know some people have wanted to see pics of what's going on with the project. here are a few i took on monday. it's kind of hard to get close to where there is actually stuff going on. as you can see there is still tons of land work to be done.

IMG_1239.jpg

IMG_1240.jpg

IMG_1242.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

IMG_1248.jpg

IMG_1249.jpg

IMG_1256.jpg

IMG_1260.jpg

cantnot, I had a chance to speak to the Store Manager of Sears. I asked him whazt he thought about the other tenants, what he had to say was very interesting... He has been told by corparate that after Belks leaves (close to when their lease runs out) they will move to the current K-Mart location and open a new store. Probably a Grand or Essentials store.

cantnot, I had a chance to speak to the Store Manager of Sears. I asked him whazt he thought about the other tenants, what he had to say was very interesting... He has been told by corparate that after Belks leaves (close to when their lease runs out) they will move to the current K-Mart location and open a new store. Probably a Grand or Essentials store.

• 4 weeks later...

As west Burlington flourished, BMOC became less and less of a shopping destination... as well as the area around it. I think the move of KMart from it's old location to it's current location on Huffman Mill in 1995ish initiated the downward spiral of that retail area (although it's not the worst by any means).

I remember when Church St. west of what was then Holly Hill Mall was rural during the day and dark at night... only 2 lanes! That was back toward the end of the hey day of BMOC and sprite-Park. Look at the change 15 years makes.

• 2 weeks later...

"The demographic in Burlington, from a national standpoint, is better than I think locals give it credit for," said Jon Meshel, the project manager for Alamance Crossing, a 142-acre shopping center. "Especially people from Greensboro." I think this has always been true, people from Greensboro and the rest of the Triad feel that way. This article comes as no suprise to the Alamance County/Eastern Guilford forumers such as myself. Expect that number of 48,000 people within 5 miles of Alamance Crossing to rise exponently. I think its safe to say the population projections ofr the county are way too low, but I can't you can't do the census based on potential. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Good find cantnot.

Maybe west Burlington, Elon and Gibsonville will be come an upscale community. East Burlington (North Graham), Central Burlington (Glen Raven), and North Burlington (Morgantown) is made up predominantly minority, low to middle class. The area has also been established for a long time, this is evident when you drive on Church street on the east side of town and notice there is a 7 lane road on a side of town where most of the development has died out. You can't really look at Burlington as a Weddington or Summerfield when Burlington has always been a city of deceptive size, even larger when you include all of the other towns connected to Burlington seperated only by signs. No Burlington by itself will never be a shopping mecca in North Carolina and thats foolish to say, but I do feel Alamance County will eventualy hold its own, benefitting more from the growth of the Triangle than the Triad What if a Mills Corporation mall was propsed for Alamance County wouldn't that change everything? I wouldn't be suprised to see that in the next 5-10 years. Graham already has a 500,000 sq ft shopping center proposed, Mebane also has future retail coming. The area is really underated as far as what it has to offer.

Archived