Alamance Crossing

NCgfx

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...

This was a given. With all of these moves, I just hope that S. Church St. doesn't become an extension of N. Church in east Burlington. I doubt it will because of the demographics and the university nearby, but it was 15-20 years ago now when N. Church began to lose its businesses to west Burlington (or what was then west Burlington).

This was a given. With all of these moves, I just hope that S. Church St. doesn't become an extension of N. Church in east Burlington. I doubt it will because of the demographics and the university nearby, but 15-20 years ago around this time was when N. Church began to lose its businesses to west Burlington (or what was then west Burlington).

Yeah... the Blue Gator is definitely in a random place. They should relocate somewhere in Elon near the university campus... or in downtown Burlington.

Meanwhile, I can name one other biz on South Church Street that ought to shift to more compatible spaces of Alamance Crossing -- the Blue Gator. We can't be the only folks in West Burlington sick of the thump-thump of live bands until 2 a.m. What began as a seafood restaurant & oyster bar in a strip-commercial space has devolved into a loud nightclub.

I think the movie theater moving to Alamance Crossing is a good move. When the current West End Cinema location leaves I can see maybe a grocer filling that location or maybe a Bally's gym. The demographic between east and west Burlington are way different. It will become intersting to see the NEW west Burlington's affect on the Huffman mill/ South Church location.

I think the movie theater moving to Alamance Crossing is a good move. When the current West End Cinema location leaves I can see maybe a grocer filling that location or maybe a Bally's gym. The demographic between east and west Burlington are way different. It will become intersting to see the NEW west Burlington's affect on the Huffman mill/ South Church location.

• 3 weeks later...

Check out the Alamance Crossing brochure. I found it pretty informative.... and it provides a few more hints to what Burlington can expect in just over 6 months!!

Maybe Wal-Mart is one of the tenants that will fill the Alamance West portion of the shopping center? The renderings for Alamance West must be tentative because I doubt the developer would lower the quality of the whole shopping center by using a traditional big box style as depicted. I would also like to see another traffic circle built in somewhere within the development, as well.

Article in "Shopping Centers Today" Magazine

Restaurants will front the lake. Center will also include a pavilion area for entertainment. In the rendering, the large building in the middle a little towards the left is Dillards. You can tell by the arches on either side of the building and you can almost make out the lettering on the front. Exciting times for Burlington!

• 1 month later...

Found a spelling mistake on page 6 of the brochure:

Elon University is a nationally-ranked four-year liberal arts college with

ovezr 4,000 students and is located on the outskirts of Burlington in Elon,

North Carolina.

• 1 month later...

yep. some of the buildings already have signage now too. i also noticed a building they're framing facing the interstate that looks like it could be a red robin. that would be cool. i love the one in greensboro and the one down in south charlotte.

Archived