Mary Free Bed Expansion

GRDadof3

I don't get it, what should hospitals look like?

Well, this one looks to me like it wouldn't be out of place as a hotel tucked in a windy cul de sac off a random interstate exit.  It's already super-dated looking.  I know they are operating within budgetary constraints, and I am confident the care given inside will be amazing based on Mary Free Bed's reputation.  But I am still disappointed because this adds little to making the neighborhood a pleasant place to be or pass through.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get it, what should hospitals look like?

While hospitals and other medical facilities often feel and look cold and impersonal, there has been a shift in thinking: Now, many facilities are trying to feel warm and inviting, to make patients and their families feel more comfortable. Part of this is marketing (especially for areas where patients have time to choose - such as maternity), but I think it's also to help patients actually heal more quickly.

I'm guessing that the inside of this building will follow this trend. However, the outside - the first look that a visitor gets - won't convey this. The building looks intimidating.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/t1/246448_10151339684178244_1254229077_n.jpg

This is an image of the new expansion veiwed from the south east corner of the property looking north west. You can see the orginal parts of the existing buildings in the rendering as well.Yeah the achitecture looks a bit plain Jane. But the new building does seem to blend well with what is there. After all you could have the other extreme and have some far out looking structure that belongs in George Jetson juxtiposed to the existing building. Such as.....http://archrecord.construction.com/features/critique/2012/images/1209_Stedelijk-Museum/1209_Stedelijk-Museum-main.jpg

Archived