Little Rock Stores/Restaurants Wishlist

I know this topic had been discussed years ago but I decided to create a new topic based on the stores/restaurants that you would like to see in the Little Rock market. High end retailers like Nordstrom and Saks would not be feasible for a market of this size, however, there are some stores/ restaurants that are suitable for the market. What do you think?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this topic had been discussed years ago but I decided to create a new topic based on the stores/restaurants that you would like to see in the Little Rock market. High end retailers like Nordstrom and Saks would not be feasible for a market of this size, however, there are some stores/ restaurants that are suitable for the market. What do you think?

I'll bite.

Macy's - with the most logical place being right behind the Promenade. Not sure how likely, but they're in nearly every state except here.

La Madeline's - I always like breakfast at this place when I'm in Dallas. They recently purchased Mimi's Cafe, so it could happen.

H&M - although I don't see this happening for a long time.

Cheesecake Factory - might happen, especially how this town seems to endlessly devour whatever new chain there is.

Dave & Buster's - since the guys are from here, you'd think that would give us an advantage, but I'm not sure they're growing much now

Ruby Tuesday's - although we have one in Benton and Conway, I miss the LR one. 

Z Gallerie - fun place to browse. I've heard the chain isn't doing that well, though.

Crate & Barrel - not going to happen, but I can dream, same goes for IKEA

Harry & David - they like outlet malls, so the one in SWLR might attract them.

Lucky - they were originally announced for the Promenade. Maybe they'll end up here eventually.

World Market - not a store I've been in a lot, but it seems fun. and inexpensive enough to have broad appeal here.

I'll bite.

Macy's - with the most logical place being right behind the Promenade. Not sure how likely, but they're in nearly every state except here.

La Madeline's - I always like breakfast at this place when I'm in Dallas. They recently purchased Mimi's Cafe, so it could happen.

H&M - although I don't see this happening for a long time.

Cheesecake Factory - might happen, especially how this town seems to endlessly devour whatever new chain there is.

Dave & Buster's - since the guys are from here, you'd think that would give us an advantage, but I'm not sure they're growing much now

Ruby Tuesday's - although we have one in Benton and Conway, I miss the LR one.

Z Gallerie - fun place to browse. I've heard the chain isn't doing that well, though.

Crate & Barrel - not going to happen, but I can dream, same goes for IKEA

Harry & David - they like outlet malls, so the one in SWLR might attract them.

Lucky - they were originally announced for the Promenade. Maybe they'll end up here eventually.

World Market - not a store I've been in a lot, but it seems fun. and inexpensive enough to have broad appeal here.

I agree with some of the restaurants/stores that you would like to see here. Here are my wishlist that would be feasiable for the Little Rock market:

H&M: I could see them locating at the Promenade at Chenal in the future since that's where they normally locate their stores at. There's a location in Huntsville, AL which is slighlty smaller than Little Rock in terms of population. It would perform very well since it sells quality clothes at affordable prices for teens and young adults

Joe's Crab Shack: The Little Rock market is long overdue for this seafood chain. With locations in Shreveport, LA and other similar sized cities; there's no reason why Little Rock can support one especially if they locate at the River Market.

Dave and Buster: It's quite surprising to see this chain not having an Arkansas presence since it originated from Little Rock. However, Dave and Buster requires a metro of at least a million people and I don't see them locating here anytime soon.

The Cheesecake Factory: I've been waiting for this popular restaurant chain to come to Arkansas for years. They are expanding into smaller sized cities (Knoxville, Tn is getting one soon) as well as oversees and I wouldn't be surprise if they consider a location in Little Rock in the future. Cheesecake Factory is known for locating its restaurants in upscale shopping centers or high profile locations. I could see them locating at the Promenade at Chenal since that's is the only upscale shopping center in the Little Rock area. If Des Moines, IA and other similar sized cites can support one, why do they doubt Little Rock can?

Macy's: Everybody hopes that this mid-price department store locate in Arkansas but I don't see where they would go. Maybe the Promenade at Chenal could expand into the wooded area west of the existing shopping center to include additional stores and possibly a department store that's not current in Arkansas. They could also build a store at the MCcain Mall if the mall ever expand and open a new wing with new stores/restaurants and a department store to anchor that wing.

Pappadeaux: This may not happen anytime soon but I would like to see them open a location here. This Houston based chain serves cajun style seafood dishes such as crawfish platter and blackened catfish.

Studio Movie Grill: This Texas theater chain combines movie and dining in one. Little Rock needs to have a movie theater like this that is unique to the market.

BJ Restaurant and Brewery: Could possibly happen. Maybe they will open at the Shackleford Crossing center.

Can't believe I forgot about Costco.

The wooded area behind the Promenade is intended for a department store. At one time it was going to be Dillard's, but they backed out. I think the Promenade might add a row of stores leading up to it in the existing parking lot, but the wooded area would be land owned by the department store.

I'd also say a Porsche dealer. Not that I'd buy one, but Shreveport has one.

I can see H&M coming eventually, with Park Avenue being the ideal location in my mind.  The vacated Sports Authority off Chenal would make a nice World Market or Trader Joe's.  Macy's will surely have to come here one day, as Arkansas is one of five remaining states without a location, and the Promenade is as likely as anywhere.  I wouldn't be opposed to Von Maur instead, though.  Also, maybe the Cheeburger Cheeburger in Pleasant Ridge can be reworked as a Johnny Rockets?

I can see H&M coming eventually, with Park Avenue being the ideal location in my mind. The vacated Sports Authority off Chenal would make a nice World Market or Trader Joe's. Macy's will surely have to come here one day, as Arkansas is one of five remaining states without a location, and the Promenade is as likely as anywhere. I wouldn't be opposed to Von Maur instead, though. Also, maybe the Cheeburger Cheeburger in Pleasant Ridge can be reworked as a Johnny Rockets?

There's no room for H&M to open in Park Avenue unless it goes on the first floor of the retail space below the newly constructed apartments. Promenade at Chenal is the type of shopping center that you would see an H&M be at. I wouldn't be surprised to see one there despite it being so far out. It would be nice to see a Macy's open a location in the wooded area next to the Promenade at Chenal but I'm not sure if they want to locate that far away from a high traffic area. They will do better building a location at MCcain Mall where its closer to a major traffic area. I agree that a Trader Joe's or World Market could locate in the former Sports Authority space. Johnny Rockets would do well in the former Cheeburger Cheeburger place. Hope that space is not another chinese restaurant as the Little Rock market is saturated with them.

Also, I just found out that Dave and Buster is opening a location in Greenville, SC which is similar to Little Rock in terms of population so I wouldn't be surprised to see one here. A location in the Shackleford Crossing would be an ideal location since they usually locate one near lifestyle or power centers.

I would also like to see a Cheesecake Factory and Houston's restaurant in Little Rock sometime in the future. The Promenade at Chenal, as mentioned before, would be a great location for them and will fit perfect with the existing restaurants and stores at the shopping center.

There's no room for H&M to open in Park Avenue unless it goes on the first floor of the retail space below the newly constructed apartments. Promenade at Chenal is the type of shopping center that you would see an H&M be at. I wouldn't be surprised to see one there despite it being so far out. It would be nice to see a Macy's open a location in the wooded area next to the Promenade at Chenal but I'm not sure if they want to locate that far away from a high traffic area. They will do better building a location at MCcain Mall where its closer to a major traffic area. I agree that a Trader Joe's or World Market could locate in the former Sports Authority space. Johnny Rockets would do well in the former Cheeburger Cheeburger place. Hope that space is not another chinese restaurant as the Little Rock market is saturated with them.

Also, I just found out that Dave and Buster is opening a location in Greenville, SC which is similar to Little Rock in terms of population so I wouldn't be surprised to see one here. A location in the Shackleford Crossing would be an ideal location since they usually locate one near lifestyle or power centers.

I would also like to see a Cheesecake Factory and Houston's restaurant in Little Rock sometime in the future. The Promenade at Chenal, as mentioned before, would be a great location for them and will fit perfect with the existing restaurants and stores at the shopping center.

• 2 months later...

BJ Restaurant and Brewery applied for a plumbing permit at Shackleford Crossing shopping center. It will be their first location in Arkansas. Lets hope that Joe's Crab Shack would eventually open a location in Little Rock as well as some of the other restaurants that don't have an Arkansas presence yet.

• 9 months later...

Archived