Winter Park Condos..Whats all the mystery about?

XodusPhD

Hey constructo-philes!

Anyone have any info about the so-called "Winter Park Condos". Its a Coldwell optioned condo but they are not giving ANY information as to where or what the project is. Only that its Winter Park (hard to keep that underwraps with a name like Winter Park Condos) but wont say if its a conversion or new property (i am assuming the former) or where exactly it is/will be situated.

The condo store website boasts that you can"Stroll through boutiques on Park Avenue", but does this assume you have driven there or that you can walk there??

Gosh the mystery is KILLING ME! I am on the priority list as the price is EXACTLY what i'm looking for as a young first time buyer but I'm impatient and can't wait to be contacted by the leasing office.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what is the price?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

According to the responses I have gotten from Coldwell, the 1 bedrooms are low 100's, 2 bedrooms 130's, 3 bedrooms 170's....sounds to good to be true...I guess I'll find out soon and I'll post any info I get once the sales office calls me which supposedly should be in the next couple of weeks.

I seem to recall, about a year ago, reading in the Sentinel that condos were proposed for the west border of Central Park (along Park Ave.) in Winter Park. I don't know specifically how they were being discussed, but it was along the border of the park, facing the shops/restaurants of Park Ave. I was wondering whatever became of this idea because I haven't seen it in the paper since. Perhaps someone who's willing to dig into an archives search of the Sentinel web site could turn something up....

I think they were supposed to be 4 or 5 stories tall and there was some controversy associated with this.

Since the west side of the park is pretty much bordered by the railroad tracks, maybe the condos were being proposed immediately west of the railroad tracks??? Sorry, wish I could remember more details.

^ Of the yet to be named Winter Park Condos (that I can think of) are

1) the Post Office condos ... rebuilding the post office combining it with about a city block's worth of 4-5 story condos.

2) The City Hall condos ... rebuilding city hall and include a bunch of condos and shops.

3) drivers license condos ... replacing the drivers license building on the corninger of Denning and Canton across from the WP Village.

There are a few choice parcels left in Hannabel Square ... and the lofts already there may have a few unsold units.

Hey constructo-philes!

Anyone have any info about the so-called "Winter Park Condos".  Its a Coldwell optioned condo but they are not giving ANY information as to where or what the project is.  Only that its Winter Park (hard to keep that underwraps with a name like Winter Park Condos) but wont say if its a conversion or new property (i am assuming the former) or where exactly it is/will be situated. 

The condo store website boasts that you can"Stroll through boutiques on Park Avenue", but does this assume you have driven there or that you can walk there??

Gosh the mystery is KILLING ME!  I am on the priority list as the price is EXACTLY what i'm looking for as a young first time buyer but I'm impatient and can't wait to be contacted by the leasing office.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you talking about the getreadytobrag.com website? I'm in the same boat as you. I asked one of the reps at Solaire about it and she wasn't to helpful. I know the rep from La Costa Brava Condos and she just said that she will be working at the Winter Park condos after Solaire...hmmmm. Any information would be great?

Sorry my message came out wrong up above...Ill try it again. :blink:

Are you talking about the getreadytobrag.com website? I'm in the same boat as you. I asked one of the reps at Solaire about it and she wasn't to helpful. I know the rep from La Costa Brava Condos and she just said that she will be working at the Winter Park condos after Solaire...hmmmm. Any information would be great?

Sorry my message came out wrong up above...Ill try it again.  :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep that would be the one, although until I actually get my call I wasnt really prepared to put the website out for 1000 people to contact, overbid, and beat me out of a condo. :thumbsup:

I looked at the getreadytobrag.com website and didn't see anything that said Winter Park .. or Florida, for that matter.  Where did it link from?  In the registration area where it asks for you intended price range ... 185+ was a high as it went.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Since the proverbial cat is out of the bag, the info that states its Winter Park (Besides the name Winter Park Condos) is from the Coldwell Banker Condo site @ www.condostore.com

Looks like my stealthness has been compromised and I have disgraced my ninja heritage :ph34r: ...no wait, i'm jewish..oh well!

Yep that would be the one, although until I actually get my call I wasnt really prepared to put the website out for 1000 people to contact, overbid, and beat me out of a condo. :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry about that. Our secret is out!!! But no need to worry, we should be at the top of the list!!! Cross your fingers.

I'm just trying to figure out where its going to be located.

Whats going on with the property where Honda use to be on Fairbanks?

You can save a dollar at hollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl: Hey guys and gals, just to let you know thay stilll have inventory left at Park North in Uptown from the low 100's according to a sign out front. It says last chance for a purchase.

Sorry about  that. Our secret is out!!! But no need to worry, we should be at the top of the list!!! Cross your fingers.

I'm just trying to figure out where its going to be located.

Whats going on with the property where Honda use to be on Fairbanks?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats ok Giselle, i was only half serious :D

What number did you call cwetteland? I didnt see a number posted?

Thanks!

I looked at the getreadytobrag.com website and didn't see anything that said Winter Park .. or Florida, for that matter.  Where did it link from?  In the registration area where it asks for you intended price range ... 185+ was a high as it went.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got the website from their ads a looooong time ago.

I seem to recall, about a year ago, reading in the Sentinel that condos were proposed for the west border of Central Park (along Park Ave.) in Winter Park. I don't know specifically how they were being discussed, but it was along the border of the park, facing the shops/restaurants of Park Ave. I was wondering whatever became of this idea because I haven't seen it in the paper since. Perhaps someone who's willing to dig into an archives search of the Sentinel web site could turn something up....

This sounds to me like a conversion project. At this price point, I'd assume it is not located within 'old Winter Park', but is beyond the original city limits, as one person theorized - perhaps out by Aloma and 436. Not to sound negative, but "5 minutes to Park Ave" could be sales puffery and could mean just about anything.

Its definitiely not the 4 story project on the west side of Central Park ... which will be in $375-650K range, have about 130 units and a 2 level underground car park.

This market is very tough on first time buyers, even the condo market ! :(

Upcoming Central Park west side condo project:

wpcondo.jpg

Here's info. on the high-end condos that are bordering Central Park in downtown WP:

Douglas Grand at Winter Park (corner of New York and Morse)

http://www.douglasgrandwinterpark.com/

They start at 2600 s.f. and go to 3751 s.f but there are no prices on the web site. With that size and location, you know they are going to be pricey. "If you have to ask, you can't afford it."

I believe I saw a news story on these when the sales office first opened. The first people that bought there bought a 1.7 million dollar unit and they claimed that they were regular, everyday people. The Douglas had a table at the spring Winter Park Arts Festival - the cheapest unit was $900K. I'm not sure where eastbank got the $375 - $600K price tag from - unless I am thinking about another downtown WP condo project next to the park.

Archived