Winter Park Condos..Whats all the mystery about?

XodusPhD

Those are great condos. I love the old school Tudor look. I'd like to see some like that in Jacksonville. Maybe they will be marketing them to the many British visiters to Orlando.

Side note: when I was last in London, every cab driver I spoke with either had just returned from a trip to Orlando or was planning a trip to Orlando.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the the Post Office redo ... similar design? Probably not but if so this is about a block away from the old location. When they talked about the PO project months back they said it would eventually allow the city to expand the park, so if this is in addition to the PO project, I don't know how they can expand the park. It's being surrounded pretty tightly.

The Douglas is interesting. These are marketed as brownstone units, and must be the project that brought upon some resistance from those Hannibal Square shop owners, but nonetheless is going through.

left_side_img.jpg

This is only one block from the English tudor style building (which I believe is the redesign of that post office block).

Had my real estate agent check up on the "Mystery Condos" and was told that no information will be released until all residents are notified.  I guess this is a conversion.  I am still interested in where the property is.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmmm...interesting! :wacko:

I just got a letter from Coldwell Banker today telling me that they plan to open up the sales office in June. The letter goes on to say that they will contact those people who pre-registered "several weeks" in advance of the sales office opening to schedule an appointment to purchase.

I just got a letter from Coldwell Banker today telling me that they plan to open up the sales office in June.  The letter goes on to say that they will contact those people who pre-registered "several weeks" in advance of the sales office opening to schedule an appointment to purchase.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup i got the same letter on the 27th. Funny thing, i was also browsing through here if anyone knew bout the "Winter Park condos" i guess everyone is in the dark. I just picked up a unit @ Delaney Place and was surprised the waiting list wasnt as bad as i thought. Also looking through the condostore most of them are conversions. Hopefully someone will have the info soon. :)

I had received a letter back in mid April, where it stated that the sales center would open early June. This date has now been pushed back to late June. The sales group will start contacting people in the order of reservations received starting late next week, or early the week after.

I had received a letter back in mid April, where it stated that the sales center would open early June. This date has now been pushed back to late June. The sales group will start contacting people in the order of reservations received starting late next week, or early the week after.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Looks like its been pushed back again...here is the email i received yesterday:

"Our on-site sales team will begin contacting Priority Buyers in early July to schedule private appointments. Since there is so much enthusiasm about our condominium homes, we want to assure you that you will be contacted in the order that you registered. However, please know that it may take several weeks before everyone on the list is contacted due to the overwhelming response we have received. We truly appreciate your continued patience!"

I just want to know WHERE 5 minutes from Park Ave is in their plans???

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is STILL officially Winter Park and is a great place to live...

I have lived 5 minutes from the Stratford by Eastbrook Elementary school for 23 of my 25 years and love it!

I personally just purchased a 1/1 at the Stratford and have timed it at 7 minutes to Park Ave, 10 Minutes to Winter Park Village, 5 minutes to Maitland, less than 15 to Altamonte and 15 or so to Downtown. What more could you ask for then to be so centrally located.

The renovations are beautiful and gives you a Winter Park address, and although I have to wait upwards of 4 months for renovations to be complete, you can't beat ~140k for such a property.

Just my 2 cents...

Thanks,

JG

This is STILL officially Winter Park and is a great place to live...

I have lived 5 minutes from the Stratford by Eastbrook Elementary school for 23 of my 25 years and love it!

I personally just purchased a 1/1 at the Stratford and have timed it at 7 minutes to Park Ave, 10 Minutes to Winter Park Village, 5 minutes to Maitland, less than 15 to Altamonte and 15 or so to Downtown.  What more could you ask for then to be so centrally located.

The renovations are beautiful and gives you a Winter Park address, and although I have to wait upwards of 4 months for renovations to be complete, you can't beat ~140k for such a property.

Just my 2 cents...

Thanks,

JG

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think anyone is implying there's anything "wrong" with the place per se. I think what happened here is the advance press and 'secrecy' created some very high (albeit unrealistic) expectations of what to expect...people were hoping for walking to Park Ave, an 'olde' town location/32789 zip, perhaps a brick street, yadda yadda...of course, people were dreaming big !!

Its a convenient location (though some of those times are best case scenarios right?). Congrats on your new place.

I don't think anyone is implying there's anything "wrong" with the place per se.  I think what happened here is the advance press and 'secrecy' created some very high (albeit unrealistic) expectations of what to expect...people were hoping for walking to Park Ave, an 'olde' town location/32789 zip, perhaps a brick street, yadda yadda...of course, people were dreaming big !!

Its a convenient location (though some of those times are best case scenarios right?).  Congrats on your new place.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, I understand and I'm sorry if I came off at all defensive, I was just trying to point out some of the more positive points of the property..

I definitely had those high expectations and was rightfully disappointed when Stratford was named the "mystery" property.

Yes, those times are best case scenario for the most part, but even give or take a few minutes it shouldnt be too bad.

Thanks for the kind congratulatory words, it is much appreciated :)

Best,

Jason

that's the apt. complex with the cool tower with copper on it.

FYI-- I was at WP P.O. and the employee told me that they would have already begun the mixed use project on its site, except that they have not yet found an adequate temp. location for the WP P.O. I guess its going to be part of the project when it gets built.

Archived