Could we compile a list of all hotel projects?

UTgrad09

...including proposed/rumored height/floors and number of rooms?

The information is all on the site, but in a number of different threads. I just figure it would be helpful to have a thread specifically for hotels.

I'll start the list, but I would appreciate if those in the know can add on or correct any errors (and I will update). This is for both confirmed/starting hotels as well as rumored/proposed hotels.

Downtown/SoBro:

Omni - 800 rooms - 21 floors - under construction

Hyatt Place - 255 rooms - 13 floors - under construction

Hilton Garden Inn - 200 rooms - 11 floors - soon to start

North Point project 2 hotels - proposed:

-Residence Inn - 200 rooms - 14 floors

-Spring Hill Suites - 150 rooms - 16 floors 

Tony's full service hotel (unknown brand) - 400 rooms - proposed

Swerdling's Westin? - 350+ rooms - proposed

4th & KVB hotel (unknown brand) - rumored

Gulch:

Fairfield Inn - 126 rooms - soon to start

Boutique hotel - 6 rooms - soon to start

12th & Demonbreun (unknown brand) - rumored

12th & Porter (unknown brand) - rumored

Possible NW Mutual project hotel - educated speculation

Midtown/West End:

Homewood Suites - 192 rooms - 7 floors - under construction

Spring Hill Suites/Residence Inn - 250 rooms - 9 floors - soon to start

Buckingham development (unknown brand) - 165 rooms - 18 floors - proposed

Intercontinental? (West End Summit) - 230 rooms  - 18 floors - soon to start

Green Hills:

Courtyard - 123 rooms - 3 floors - under construction

Other Davidson County:

Outside Davidson County:

Courtyard in Brentwood - no specifics

Possible hotel in Cool Springs - no specifics

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 5th & Main Urbanite

Well, Tony is only doing the hotel, I have heard a Grand Hyatt, if he gets TIF. If Swerdling gets TIF, take Tony off your list and replace it with Swerdling, because we are not getting 2 hotels I am afraid unless Peabody comes in or Marriott and gets the TIF. That announcement will change everything.

Remember the Patel Marriott project starts in June, July, or August and is 14 stories.

Well, Tony is only doing the hotel, I have heard a Grand Hyatt, if he gets TIF. If Swerdling gets TIF, take Tony off your list and replace it with Swerdling, because we are not getting 2 hotels I am afraid unless Peabody comes in or Marriott and gets the TIF. That announcement will change everything.

Remember the Patel Marriott project starts in June, July, or August and is 14 stories.

Right...that's why I wanted to include them as proposals. Swerdling's proposal doesn't seem to have any specifics...but isn't it supposed to be in the 300 room range?

And the Patel project...do you mean the one at 1800 West End? I think that's only 9.

There is another Residence Inn and Spring Hill Suites planned for KVB.

Also the property on the corner of 4th and KVB is owned by a hotel company in Green Hills. This includes the Bridges building as well.

A proposed hotel on the corner of 12th and Demonbreun by a group out of FL. No specifics yet.

A rumored hotel in the Gulch closer to 12th and Porter.

The 6 room inn in the Gulch

There is a third contender for the TIF that is not public.

In Brentwood a Courtyard Marriott

I think there is another hotel going in Cool Springs as well

I would not count out the NW Mutual site. I will almost lay money that there will be a hotel in that development but we just do not know yet.

Guest 5th & Main Urbanite

For what its worth, a rendering of a Peabody Hotel once proposed as the anchor hotel for the MCC.

Peabody3.jpg

I could see this going on the parcel near the roundabout that is triangular in shape, but they wanted 42 million dollars in TIF last time, and that was for a 12 story hotel on the old thermal site. Peabody has an over-inflated view of themselves which makes them hard to deal with.

For what its worth, a rendering of a Peabody Hotel once proposed as the anchor hotel for the MCC.

Peabody3.jpg

It's not a bad rendering...two things. If they did go forward, I think they would want to tweak the rendering to match the current MCC design (at the base). Also, I may be the only one, but I don't like that crown. I think it's ridiculous and out of proportion....just grasping for meaningless height with no appeal. A spire is one thing, but 75 feet or so of metal siding doesn't do anything for me. Cut it to about 1/3 and I think it would look nice.

Personally, for hotels accompanying the MCC, I liked the concept from the UT Art & Architecture program (from a student) that proposed an almost cube shaped hotel (dubbed an art hotel) with a giant window in the middle where you could see through to the Customs House.

http://www.nashvillempo.org/docs/UrbanInfillConcepts/UrbanInfillConcepts_011413.pdf

(warning, long PDF)

Page 41, project #10

It's a midrise at 12 floors, but it would definitely be an interesting structure IMO.

It's not a bad rendering...two things. If they did go forward, I think they would want to tweak the rendering to match the current MCC design (at the base). Also, I may be the only one, but I don't like that crown. I think it's ridiculous and out of proportion....just grasping for meaningless height with no appeal. A spire is one thing, but 75 feet or so of metal siding doesn't do anything for me. Cut it to about 1/3 and I think it would look nice.

Personally, for hotels accompanying the MCC, I liked the concept from the UT Art & Architecture program (from a student) that proposed an almost cube shaped hotel (dubbed an art hotel) with a giant window in the middle where you could see through to the Customs House.

http://www.nashvillempo.org/docs/UrbanInfillConcepts/UrbanInfillConcepts_011413.pdf

(warning, long PDF)

Page 41, project #10

It's a midrise at 12 floors, but it would definitely be an interesting structure IMO.

I thought the opposite seeing this again.  I like the crown!  Of course this rendering isn't the best quality.  I think the crown could be great, if done right like the Pinnacle.

I need to go through that pdf and cut out some of the designs and info to post.

I thought the opposite seeing this again.  I like the crown!  Of course this rendering isn't the best quality.  I think the crown could be great, if done right like the Pinnacle.

I need to go through that pdf and cut out some of the designs and info to post.

Pinnacle does indeed have a big crown...but it is also all glass, and it tapers nicely. From afar, you might not be able to tell that it is a crown at all...because it looks like the rest of the occupied portion of the building.

Archived