Hurricane Season in Florida 2005

Aessotariq

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hurricane Wilma will be a state wide event. Most of the major cities in florida except jacksonville will be hit with some sort of hurricane force winds. Im in gainesville and we will get tropical strom force winds. It seems that after tommorow most of us will be out of touch for a few days. So everyone good luck and PLEASE be safe.

I don't like politically biased news channels, even if its only weather.

Good luck trying to find one that is unbiased.... I personally watch anything. But let's not bring politics into this (if thet can be avoided). :)

Here's something Viper poster in the "Global Warming and Hurricanes" thread. It's Alpha's projected path.

alphaprojectedpath7ss.gif

So far, it doesn't look like it'll hit the USA.

I just got word back from my family in Santo Domingo, the capital.. they got a lot of rain in the city but didn't lose power. The small villages farther north in the mountains probably got drenched.

I hope they are alright!

It's good to know that Wilma missed our oil production facilites.

According to this article frrom the Independent (a UK newspaper), Wilma made landfall in Florida near Naples at Cape Romano. It was a strong Cat 3 storm. :o Also according to the article, the Nat'l Guard is on alert for this amd Gov. Bush has made a major disaster declaration for 14 counties.

As bad as this sounds, I must say I'm happy that it isn't a Cat 4 or 5, like it started out. any news on the damage?

Good luck and stay say Florida forumers! :)

Hurricane Wilma will be a state wide event. Most of the major cities in florida except jacksonville will be hit with some sort of hurricane force winds. Im in gainesville and we will get tropical strom force winds. It seems that after tommorow most of us will be out of touch for a few days. So everyone good luck and PLEASE be safe.

Man... I'm feeling left out! According to KendallKid, Tallahassee isn't even a major city in Florida.

Man... I'm feeling left out! According to KendallKid, Tallahassee isn't even a major city in Florida.

Well it may be the capital but I was strictly refering to cities in the league of Miami,Tampa, Jacksonville. In actuality I was refering to well known, major, U.S. cities which Tallahassee is not. I did say a state wide event. Additionally I was also refering to cities in the path, which again Tallahasse is not. Would you have preferred I said "every major city in Florida such as Miami,Tampa, Ft. Lauderdale, St. Petersburg,Orlando,Ocala,Gainesville, West Palm Beach, Hialeah,Pompano,Hollywood,Kendall. Kendale Lakes,Westchester,Homestead, Largo, Key West,Key Largo. Kissimee." Get my drift.

Some damage reports from the family and WTVJ

NBC 6 has been knocked off the air you can catch them online if you want.

Several Cranes have been knocked down. Confirmed reports include one in Downtown Miami at 22nd and Flagler and one blocking A1A in Hollywood.

Looting has been reported in Downtown

Major roof damage to FIU campus near National Hurricane Center. Early reports indicate that "Roof is all over the cars in the parking lot"

Ill let you know as i know.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Miami herald is reporting a skyscraper in Brickel has "80 percent of its windows blown out" here is the article.

http://blogs.herald.com/herald_hurricane_r...ell_takes_.html

From wtvj "significant damage in century village"

Wachovia Financial center's Courtyard glass has shattered all over the courtyard.

Unconfirmed reports of a destroyed mobile home and a down crane in Ft. Lauderale

Fire houses across south florida damaged

Some damage reports from the family and WTVJ

NBC 6 has been knocked off the air you can catch them online if you want.

Several Cranes have been knocked down. Confirmed reports include one in Downtown Miami at 22nd and Flagler and one blocking A1A in Hollywood.

Looting has been reported in Downtown

Major roof damage to FIU campus near National Hurricane Center. Early reports indicate that "Roof is all over the cars in the parking lot"

Ill let you know as i know.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Miami herald is reporting a skyscraper in Brickel has "80 percent of its windows blown out" here is the article.

http://blogs.herald.com/herald_hurricane_r...ell_takes_.html

From wtvj "significant damage in century village"

Wachovia Financial center's Courtyard glass has shattered all over the courtyard.

Unconfirmed reports of a destroyed mobile home and a down crane in Ft. Lauderale

Fire houses across south florida damaged

A pic of the 1221 Brickell Building. My guess is it was caused by debris from the under-construction Solaris next door:

image16.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Tropical Depression 27 has formed!!!

MIAMI - A tropical depression that formed in the southeast Caribbean Sea was expected to become Tropical Storm Gamma either Monday or Tuesday, forecasters at the National Hurricane Center said.

When will it stop?

Archived