Drayton Mill Renovation

westsider28

3 hours ago, westsider28 said:

Saw a notice in the paper today about alcohol permits for Tacos & Bla Bla Bla at 1802 Drayton Road (Drayton Marketplace).  It's a local chain with several locations in Greenville county.  Not sure which space they'll take within the marketplace (but I'd guess Suite 135a between Holliday and Pi-Squared).

Was picking up pizza at Pi Squared this weekend and they already have a large sign up on the side of the building (next to the ones for Holliday and Pi-Squared) but I didn't see one up at any of the doors yet.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/11/2020 at 7:39 PM, westsider28 said:

At Monday's meeting, City Council will vote on a development agreement (page 27 of agenda) which would give a FILOT to the developer (Orange Capital) of the 320-unit complex proposed across Drayton Road from the mill in exchange for them providing 31 of the units as workforce housing (affordable for those making 80% of area median income).

Also, the 4-acre parcel fronting Drayton Road is for sale via CBRE.  Artistic drawings in the listing (see below) suggest village-style shops/restaurants.  Of course, development will depend on who buys it.  We'll have to wait and see what happens with that.

1281681238_Parkinglotrendering3.thumb.JPG.76b03e364e7d96446c9c8d5cbbc3ae69.JPG

Now that The Lively apartments are nearing completion and Trailside townhomes phase 1 is moving along, I hope we start to see signs soon of the next stages of redevelopment at Drayton.

In January, the UBJ had an article about Drayton Mills where a PM rep said, "The next phases will involve bringing more retail options to a 6-acre parcel across Drayton Road from the mill and developing more housing options along Floyd Street behind the mill where Pacolet Milliken owns about 170 acres of undeveloped land."

And a new UBJ article about mill redevelopments had new renderings of the possible retail development across Drayton Road from the mill.  I really wish we could get a tree-line median there (as shown), but I've heard that SCDOT (as usual) has been staunchly against it.

Drayton-Mills_Retail-rendering2-lowres.jpg.551437e481fcc65f68c29c55e79f8097.jpg

Drayton-Mills_Retail-rendering.thumb.jpg.a3516256fe0f2b1aa182527165b080c1.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Found an interesting land transaction in the area.  Over the last few months, several parcels at the curve of Drayton Road adjacent to Beaumont and Adams Park have been purchased by Drayton Road Land LLC, which is registered to John Montgomery.  I believe the largest parcel was previously owned by Duke Energy.  Anyway, looks like he could be putting together an assemblage here (~9.5 acres so far) for potential development.  And it's mostly within City Limits, which is good.  Something to keep an eye on.

drayton-road-land-llc.thumb.jpg.491f4ad4ab4158fd56d795bea1b486db.jpg

• Confused 1

Looks like Trailside at Drayton Mills townhome development is getting started on the lower, rear portion of the development (grey future homesites on map below). The right 2 sections of 32 blue townhomes along Dalmatian Drive are complete and mostly sold.

652778657_TSDMmap.thumb.jpg.1e6dce880fc59fcf6f8a29be11e96da7.jpg

PXL_20230326_192905036.thumb.jpg.e2162ba76bb9bdcf49d9af31d18f6ab3.jpg

PXL_20230326_192916068.thumb.jpg.52bed557542bcc34e6f97acebd940bcd.jpg

Edited by westsider28
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...