Gorath

600 Douglas - student housing

12 posts in this topic

Great news! Anyone have any renderings. It's hard to get a feel for the development from the MLive photo.

Joe

I also saw that Rockford bought a little sliver of a property on Alabama on the West side, about 25 feet wide. Strange purchase.

Great news! Anyone have any renderings. It's hard to get a feel for the development from the MLive photo.

Joe

Difficult to get anything out of Rockford now. You have to go through their PR agency.

Thanks for the images Mr Civitas. :)

This thing is going to be a traffic nightmare. Not to mention the noise, crime, pollution, prostitution, fornication, overpopulation, destruction of the family-nature of the neighborhood, lower property values, and PARKING!!!!

I think that covers everything I'm sure the neighborhood association screamed about this.

1 person likes this

You forgot about the loss of weedy, trash-filled empty lots for the kids to play in.

1 person likes this

This thing is going to be a traffic nightmare. Not to mention the noise, crime, pollution, prostitution, fornication, overpopulation, destruction of the family-nature of the neighborhood, lower property values, and PARKING!!!!

I think that covers everything I'm sure the neighborhood association screamed about this.

LOL!  We worked closely with the neighbors and received their support.  The planning commission approval was unanimous as well.