Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gvsusean

2013 Beer City, USA VOTE! Link included

13 posts in this topic

https://polldaddy.com/poll/7078031/

Let's keep the title! Better yet, let's win it outright!!! You can vote on any computer, the voting is done by IP address NOT by person, so vote on all computers you have access to!!

Highly recommend avoiding the comments section.  Naturally I want GR to win, but I don't want us to be jerks about it.

I know they are developing Grand Rapids into a beer city but shouldn't this topic belong in the coffee house?

We'll move it after the voting is done. ;) Be sure to vote people.

Joe

1 person likes this

My vote is to stop developing beer drinkers, lol.

My vote is to stop developing beer drinkers, lol.

Craft beers and breweries don't develop beer drinkers. They take money away from big conglomerate (European owned in many cases) beer makers and put it in the hands of small American owned companies. Most of the craft beer drinkers I know are responsible older adults and not the young douchebag Miller/Bud drinkers portrayed in Super Bowl ads.

2 people like this

Craft beers and breweries don't develop beer drinkers. They take money away from big conglomerate (European owned in many cases) beer makers and put it in the hands of small American owned companies. Most of the craft beer drinkers I know are responsible older adults and not the young douchebag Miller/Bud drinkers portrayed in Super Bowl ads.

No matter what you say or what I say will not change our minds, so I will just bow out of this discussion with my last comments to say that there are many kinds of "spirits". I would also add, what kind of "spirits" is Grand Rapids developing?

Edited by John E

No matter what you say or what I say will not change our minds, so I will just bow out of this discussion with my last comments to say that there are many kinds of "spirits". I would also add, what kind of "spirits" is Grand Rapids developing?

The delicious kind

2 people like this

A spirit of fun and happiness.  Drink and be merry.

Hopefully fewer of the evangelical kind. :)

Although I will say I rarely go downtown at night anymore, due to the behavior of a lot of the bar hoppers. But that's not due to micro-breweries, or craft beers. You don't see that behavior at Brewery Vivant, Harmony, Rockford or Perrin Brewing Co (or the other non downtown breweries).

I've also met a lot of people visiting here checking out the beer scene, and they also are not troublemakers in the slightest.

The special event / holiday nights tend to bring out the bad behaviour with suburbanites and less-frequent drinkers looking to get wasted coming into town.  (NYE, St. Patty's, game nights to a lesser extent)  Boring, uneventful nights are usually populated mostly by the regulars and has a much better vibe.  Friday night crowds are a little younger, Saturday night crowds a little older.  Things I noticed back during my pedicab days.

Last day Grand Rapids!!! get the lead out and vote!!!! vote on every IP address you can!!!!!!!