2013 Beer City, USA VOTE! Link included

gvsusean

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My vote is to stop developing beer drinkers, lol.

Craft beers and breweries don't develop beer drinkers. They take money away from big conglomerate (European owned in many cases) beer makers and put it in the hands of small American owned companies. Most of the craft beer drinkers I know are responsible older adults and not the young douchebag Miller/Bud drinkers portrayed in Super Bowl ads.

Craft beers and breweries don't develop beer drinkers. They take money away from big conglomerate (European owned in many cases) beer makers and put it in the hands of small American owned companies. Most of the craft beer drinkers I know are responsible older adults and not the young douchebag Miller/Bud drinkers portrayed in Super Bowl ads.

No matter what you say or what I say will not change our minds, so I will just bow out of this discussion with my last comments to say that there are many kinds of "spirits". I would also add, what kind of "spirits" is Grand Rapids developing?

No matter what you say or what I say will not change our minds, so I will just bow out of this discussion with my last comments to say that there are many kinds of "spirits". I would also add, what kind of "spirits" is Grand Rapids developing?

The delicious kind

Hopefully fewer of the evangelical kind. :)

Although I will say I rarely go downtown at night anymore, due to the behavior of a lot of the bar hoppers. But that's not due to micro-breweries, or craft beers. You don't see that behavior at Brewery Vivant, Harmony, Rockford or Perrin Brewing Co (or the other non downtown breweries).

I've also met a lot of people visiting here checking out the beer scene, and they also are not troublemakers in the slightest.

The special event / holiday nights tend to bring out the bad behaviour with suburbanites and less-frequent drinkers looking to get wasted coming into town.  (NYE, St. Patty's, game nights to a lesser extent)  Boring, uneventful nights are usually populated mostly by the regulars and has a much better vibe.  Friday night crowds are a little younger, Saturday night crowds a little older.  Things I noticed back during my pedicab days.

Archived