• Announcements

• Neo

WARNING!   07/26/16

By reading or participating in the Coffee House forum, you are acknowledging that some topics may be highly controversial in nature. While we make every attempt to ensure that no one and no groups are offended as a result of discussions contained within, we unfortunately can make no guarantees. Participate in threads contained within this forum at your own risk.
ScottCLT

UP Store

11 posts in this topic

So, I accidentally clicked on the "store" link today. I was excited for a second to see the store, which I never realized had existed, but all that is there is ad space. I'd love a UP T-shirt or a coffee mug. Just an idea...sell some products that posters can buy to help support this site. It's one of my most visited (if not THE most) sites that I browse. I'd be as happy to be a supporter of this site as I am to support WFAE and my favorite radio stations which I enjoy online (albeit not based in Charlotte), KCMP in Minneapolis and KEXP in Seattle. Make some money off of us to keep this site alive! I don't mind contributing a bit, but it would be nice to get something that we could display to show our support. That, and I have nothing to advertise :).

1 person likes this

You know that is not a bad idea at all! I would support this!

Hm. I thought I remember a long time ago (around 2007) they did had shirts and mugs

Yep, it is still there actually...though I no longer link to it on our main menu.

http://www.cafepress.com/urbanplanet

It uses our original logo and you can even buy a thong with it! :-P

FWIW, no money is made from sales...all items on Cafepress are setup at cost. We used to get a steady stream of sales but that dropped off so

I all but took the store offline. I should probably do something more modern, but I'm not sure I have the time or the connections for the printing. I used to even ship boxes of brochures to folks to spread around their cities to explain our site and let folks know we were around.

Anyone know of newer Cafepress alternatives?

^ once this transformative Crescent project is announced, I'll have to purchase me some UP thongs & celebrate :D

I see these guys set up on the South End food truck lot sometimes. They do shirts for several local CLT businesses. And they will print for $8/shirt if you buy 10+.

http://www.livefreeanddye.com/

Yep, it is still there actually...though I no longer link to it on our main menu.

http://www.cafepress.com/urbanplanet

It uses our original logo and you can even buy a thong with it! :-P

If I buy the thong will it help me pick up chicks?

If I buy the thong will it help me pick up chicks?

Well...I could probably guarantee that you'll get chicks to look at you.  :P

Well...I could probably guarantee that you'll get chicks to look at you.  :P

MY UP THONG BRINGS ALL THE GIRLS TO THE YARD! Just don't tell my wife...

Is that a skyscraper, or are you just happy to see me?