• Palmer Plaza (Nash)
    • 605 Chestnut Street (Chatt)
    • Jaycee Towers (Chatt)
    • Gayoso Place (Mem)
    • Other

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Lincoln-American Tower is a one-third scale replica of the Woolworth Building in NYC:

Following three photos courtesy of poster MCC from skyscrapercity.com:

34355383.jpg

34355427.jpg

34355355.jpg

According to downtownmemphis.com, the building is planned as "Mixed use development in three historically significant buildings which will include 80 apartments and 50,000sf of commercial space.":

courtsquarecenter.jpg

What do you think the proposed "Signature Tower" will do for Nashville?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hope it gets redesigned, but I think it would do wonders for our city...

Btw, if you look at the pics I posted, it would go on that surface parking lot catty corner to the Suntrust building.

I'm going with the SunTrust, or whatever it's called now. It's such a big hulk of a building. It overwhelms you as you stand in front of it. I like BellSouth, but mostly from the side views, it's a little wide for my tastes. I think it just needs a bit of company to dilute its uniqueness a bit. I like City Center a lot as well.

Guess who's been invited to tour the $20 million interior renovation of the Snodgrass Tennessee Tower. There are also some nifty plans for an exterior re-hab, but I'm not at liberty to say right now what's going to happen. Drat. Stay tuned for some interesting view shots when the tour happens. Not scheduled yet.

I love the Clark.  Too bad it's not downtown.  Setting isn't the best.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To each his own I guess, but I disliked it the day it went up. It was bland and looked cheap, even by the standards of 1972 to me.

I love the L&C tower. It'll be nice in the next year or two when it celebrates its 50th birthday with a completed Church St., Viridian, Suntrust, and maybe construction of Signature. Someone must throw it a party, and with the urban grocery right next door, we won't run out of those little party weenies. Salute to the L&C.

I love the L&C tower. It'll be nice in the next year or two when it celebrates its 50th birthday with a completed Church St., Viridian, Suntrust, and maybe construction of Signature. Someone must throw it a party, and with the urban grocery right next door, we won't run out of those little party weenies. Salute to the L&C.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mmmmm party weenies...... i hope they do have a big celebration for the l&c.

To each his own I guess, but I disliked it the day it went up.  It was bland and looked cheap, even by the standards of 1972 to me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe the bland context in which it was built makes it stand out to me. I think the White Station tower looks cheap. I like the Clark, the dark blue glass. Maybe if it were downtown next to other towers of different styles, it wouldn't stand out so well to me. But I like it.

I like the Porter Building in Memphis personally, however I really like Morgan Keegan and 100 North Main Tower (Old Union Planters) for its 60s coolness ;).

I like City Center probably the best in Nashville at the moment, although Suntrust and BellSouth are both really nice as well.

Porter Building

Porter2-vi.jpg

Morgan Keegan

morgankeegantall-vi.gif

100 North Main/Union Planters

NewTrolley-vi.jpg

Archived