College Park

orlandoguy

On 7/3/2017 at 10:50 AM, bulldogger said:

Does that mean there won't be elevators or that elevators would have to be in the garage?

If I were to guess, and I am guessing, I'd guess that the elevators will be in the garage.

Makes more sense anyway.

Takes up less living space that way.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't think it's fair to call this "mixed use".  It's a straight-up apartment building.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a CP resident that supported it's construction, and still argue with the NIMBYs here about it, but it doesn't bring any non-residential growth to the area - and that's fine.  We're only now finally seeing all the Edgewater retail/restaurant space fill up with coherent, non-pizza related businesses.  With Ivanhoe/Virginia nightlife scene doing well, I don't see a need for more retail in the area quite yet - but I'm happy to have more residents walking distance from the existing stuff

• Like 2

On 11/28/2017 at 9:55 PM, Universe_Explorer said:

I don't think it's fair to call this "mixed use".  It's a straight-up apartment building.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a CP resident that supported it's construction, and still argue with the NIMBYs here about it, but it doesn't bring any non-residential growth to the area - and that's fine.  We're only now finally seeing all the Edgewater retail/restaurant space fill up with coherent, non-pizza related businesses.  With Ivanhoe/Virginia nightlife scene doing well, I don't see a need for more retail in the area quite yet - but I'm happy to have more residents walking distance from the existing stuff

I’ve been to Denver a few times the past year or so, and I’ve driven through a lot of urban neighborhoods.  That city has seen so much of this type of development- and you can tell it’s relatively new.  It’s like a whole new city.  So many of these mid-rise or low-rise housing and mixed use structures that have gone up; like this, the Maitland Projects, the Ravaudage project, etc., it’s amazing.  Orlando has had a bunch built already and new ones u/c, but Denver is such a large city that they’ve built so much more.  It’s impressive.

"The Packing District" - a mixed-use redevelopment centered around the Princeton St.  - OBT corridor is underway. A joint effort of Dr. Phillips, Inc. and the City, this could be amazing given the historic buildings involved.

http://www.community-paper.com/2017/12/05/dr-phillips-inc-announces-the-packing-district-a-massive-mixed-use-development-to-transform-princeton-and-obt-quadrant/

From the College Park Community Paper

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/6/2017 at 3:57 PM, Jernigan said:

There's a pretty large undertaking by two of our areas biggest food entrepreneurs that will either be a part of this or adjacent. 

Man I can't believe that tease didn't get any traction.   What's happening to this place.

• Like 1