College Park

orlandoguy

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Went twice.  Had a fine time.  Couldn't tell you what I had.  Places such as this are going to be the biggest losses of our current environment.  Things that aren't a "destination", but rather serve as overflow when you can't get to your desired spot (Rusteak).  Menagerie serves a similar role downtown to Stubborn Mule (although those are both owned by the same people).  Beths/Loading Zone are similar in their spot next to Gringos.

Edited by AndyPok1
  • Like 1

Went twice.  Had a fine time.  Couldn't tell you what I had.  Places such as this are going to be the biggest losses of our current environment.  Things that aren't a "destination", but rather serve as overflow when you can't get to your desired spot (Rusteak).  Menagerie serves a similar role downtown to Stubborn Mule (although those are both owned by the same people).  Beths/Loading Zone are similar in their spot next to Gringos.

Agree with this except the comment about Loading Zone. What I wouldn’t give for one of their Phillies and fries right now ... [emoji1786]

2 hours ago, orlandoguy said:

Agree with this except the comment about Loading Zone. What I wouldn’t give for one of their Phillies and fries right now ... emoji1786.png

I went for the first time early in quarantine as a "support local business" type deal since it was easy to park.  Thought it was unremarkable.  Anything special you recommend?

I went for the first time early in quarantine as a "support local business" type deal since it was easy to park.  Thought it was unremarkable.  Anything special you recommend?

I like the buffalo cheese steak (peppers instead of onions) and the pepper cheesesteak no onions. Weirdly the pizzaroni isn’t bad but I’ve only had it once. And tots all the way.

Full disclosure: I’ve never been to Philadelphia and had a genuine Philly, so there’s that.

And also they apparently deliver via Uber Eats so maybe I don’t have to wait until I’m cleared to go back to the office.

• 2 months later...

A ~10k 3-story mixed use building may soon replace a 2000sf existing building 1717 Edgewater Dr.

College Park would hardly be called trendy but heaven knows it is popular. No doubt folks want to revel in the ‘hood where I spent my formative years going to school and being a Cub Scout.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2020/09/24/mixed-use-project-in-college-park-planned-orlando.html

From OBJ

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/13/2021 at 7:32 PM, spenser1058 said:

RusTeak in CP is no more…

From Bungalower 

Evidently RusTeak is opening in Thornton Park in the current home of Menagerie right across from Stubborn Mule. Scheduled to open by next week (doubtful). Huge win for Thornton Park.

Edited by Uncommon

1 hour ago, Uncommon said:

Evidently RusTeak is opening in Thornton Park in the current home of Menagerie right across from Stubborn Mule. Scheduled to open by next week (doubtful). Huge win for Thornton Park.

Yes. RusTeak, Stubborn Mule, Menagerie are all the same muddled ownership (not all partners in all locations). The switch over at Menagerie was announced about 2 months ago, although I think the CP closure caught most nearly everyone by surprise. I guess its a win, but I don't see a sizable difference between Mule and RusTeak unless the latter is going to bring a more refined product than they previously did. But also in the win column for TP is the new F&D Mexican Cantina location.

Edited by AmIReal

• 1 month later...

Edgewater Heights home designed by local builder R.C Stevens in the ‘20’s headed for landmark status:

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/features/os-fe-joy-wallace-dickinson-0912-20210912-4el7bdigu5echpi6lqhhmyiq2y-story.html

From Joy Wallace Dickinson at The Sentinel 

Yes, Virginia, there are still folks (unlike Buddy) who are actively trying to preserve the city’s history. God bless them, every one!

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...