Gaslight Village

upnorthnow

Chris Knape posted plans on our local EGR community FB group site. I can't get the planning commission docs to actual load up so perhaps someone else has better luck.  But the jist of the development is:

- 5 story hotel

- 5 story mixed use with office, senior living

- allowing boat rentals/cruises out of Rose's.

I for one love everything about this. (upfront, anyway as there were no designs listed just generic block buildings to show scale.  I think it will generate a more diverse shopping/retail experience and create a stronger mini-DT in EGR.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, egrguy said:

Chris Knape posted plans on our local EGR community FB group site. I can't get the planning commission docs to actual load up so perhaps someone else has better luck.  But the jist of the development is:

- 5 story hotel

- 5 story mixed use with office, senior living

- allowing boat rentals/cruises out of Rose's.

I for one love everything about this. (upfront, anyway as there were no designs listed just generic block buildings to show scale.  I think it will generate a more diverse shopping/retail experience and create a stronger mini-DT in EGR.

Interesting. Kind of disappointed to not see condos listed. Seems like it would be a good fit for empty-nesters who wants to downsize from a single-family home but stay in EGR.

Joe

• Like 1

EGR will not go for this as shown. No way!

It looks too much like these are part of a Davenport University expansion, or a place to get a biopsy. The scale alone is completely out of whack!

The Lakeside Dr. frontage has too much of a setback, and the facade, as much as one can reasonably derive right now, is terrible. Almost tone-deaf.

EGR is a really picky place, and prefer a more modest classiness. Jade Pig ought to know this, shouldn't they?

• Like 1

A lot of this type of development was included in the master plan. Granted the community FB is a small sample but I'd say 65-35 in favor thus far. I am sure the devil is in the details in terms of the actual design.

- thanks grdad for grabbing those images.

2 hours ago, GR_Urbanist said:

EGR will not go for this as shown. No way!

It looks too much like these are part of a Davenport University expansion, or a place to get a biopsy. The scale alone is completely out of whack!

The Lakeside Dr. frontage has too much of a setback, and the facade, as much as one can reasonably derive right now, is terrible. Almost tone-deaf.

EGR is a really picky place, and prefer a more modest classiness. Jade Pig ought to know this, shouldn't they?

The Lakeside building is a retirement home and assisted living. I really don't see it built out to the street with what, retail ground floor? On Lakeside? At least there's not a big surface parking lot and they're expanding the parking ramp. 

These are also just for massing as egrguy said. Actual architectural details I'm sure will go through the ringer. 

FIVE STORIES?!?!

It will ruin the aesthetic of our beautiful lakeside community!!!

Next thing you know there will be POT SHOPS all over!!!!  (right next to liquor stores and restaurants serving booze)