Development Projects - Belknap Lookout Area

GRDadof3

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, mjak68 said:

Looks really good.  Do you think the entire Belknap is going to be rebuilt modern multi-family housing like this and the other new developments?

Good question. The developer of this was on this site for a while a couple of months back. Can't recall his username.

1 hour ago, GRDadof3 said:

Good question. The developer of this was on this site for a while a couple of months back. Can't recall his username.

AG3

Having lived in Belknap for a few years and interacted with AG3 a handful of times at N.A. meetings, I feel pretty confident these are going to turn out great and not be value engineered down. The mix of (well maintained) 100 year old houses and modern homes like the ones proposed would make for an exciting mix of architecture.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

Did it ever get mentioned here that Bazzani is planning a project at 813 Lafayette NE? Saw it on the city's commercial permits report. 

1438899908_813lafayette.thumb.jpg.79f8570c2f87fd119c31cce022e285fb.jpg

https://goo.gl/maps/TPzS9R6Gdq42

Seems a block or two away from where the momentum is.  Bazzani must be banking on the neighborhood gentrifying that far north?  Presumably they know more than we do I would imagine.

1 hour ago, MJLO said:

Seems a block or two away from where the momentum is.  Bazzani must be banking on the neighborhood gentrifying that far north?  Presumably they know more than we do I would imagine.

The Belknap ASP has this area as the core business district (purple area):

image.png.dedaa40945ec5f72460940b804b75399.png

I always felt walking around that area it could be a good commercial district if they put in some buildings like Bazzani is proposing. I sure would be quite happy to see this area fill in a bit, it could make for a nice corridor on the near north side of downtown, something that is a bit of a void currently.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I saw this on the city's agenda for this month. Honestly there are so many of these type projects coming up I'm starting to get confused (and a lot of them look alike). This is the apartments at the North end of the GVSU site in Belknap.  This one will be 70% LIHTC (low income) and 30% market rate. 

https://mibiz.com/sections/real-estate-development/proposed-belknap-housing-development-awaits-approvals

1716386766_BelknapApartments.thumb.jpg.b3b3910826e22b5d0df581ce80710e7e.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/9/2017 at 8:42 AM, mielsonwheels said:

Coit Square is also going through a bit of a curveball too, here are some updated renderings.

coit1.thumb.jpg.b279b604df336ac4f2d1e546d2c8c639.jpgcoit2.thumb.jpg.f691ec1093c4bca817f051ed088c3c56.jpg

A lot more renderings here.

This project is going through another revision. On the planning commission agenda for January 10th. Major amendment "up to 50 units." 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Kinkema said:

I think they are going to find out that the market for stuff that looks like that is very, very small.  It consists of a tiny pool of under-30s with 6 figure incomes with bad realtors who aren't old enough to remember the last time residential architecture got weird in the early 1980s.   Trying to resell that stuff a decade later isn't fun.  It's just flushing money down your one-piece low height fuschia toilet.  Architects have been trying for 50 years to bend the general populace to their will.  It hasn't worked.  That's why people call Visbeen when they want a high dollar house they can still sell for high dollars in 20 years.  Artesian had this project right before.

Edited by x99
  • Like 1

On 1/14/2019 at 8:18 AM, Kinkema said:

I only see a picture of one. Did you see more? Sounds like Artesian sold the development to RJM Properties which did the apartment project one block over next to the party store. 

• Like 1

On 1/15/2019 at 9:24 AM, GRDadof3 said:

I only see a picture of one. Did you see more? Sounds like Artesian sold the development to RJM Properties which did the apartment project one block over next to the party store. 

I thought I was just confused. I only saw the one photo as well. I do hope the push them on the quality of materials around the sides/back, regardless of what I think of the plans (when I see them). :)

Joe

20 hours ago, joeDowntown said:

I thought I was just confused. I only saw the one photo as well. I do hope the push them on the quality of materials around the sides/back, regardless of what I think of the plans (when I see them). :)

Joe

They're in the planning commission agenda. I don't feel like downloading them all though. :)