GRDadof3

Development Projects - Belknap Lookout Area

On 1/14/2019 at 8:18 AM, Kinkema said:

I only see a picture of one. Did you see more? Sounds like Artesian sold the development to RJM Properties which did the apartment project one block over next to the party store. 

• Like 1

On 1/15/2019 at 9:24 AM, GRDadof3 said:

I only see a picture of one. Did you see more? Sounds like Artesian sold the development to RJM Properties which did the apartment project one block over next to the party store. 

I thought I was just confused. I only saw the one photo as well. I do hope the push them on the quality of materials around the sides/back, regardless of what I think of the plans (when I see them). :)

Joe

20 hours ago, joeDowntown said:

I thought I was just confused. I only saw the one photo as well. I do hope the push them on the quality of materials around the sides/back, regardless of what I think of the plans (when I see them). :)

Joe

They're in the planning commission agenda. I don't feel like downloading them all though. :)

Did anyone see that the development behind GVSU didn’t get LIHTC tax credits? Pretty surprised as it was part of the neighborhood plan when GVSU moved in. 

Also amazed the crappy looking building on Seward got tax credits before this development. 

Joe

1 hour ago, joeDowntown said:

Did anyone see that the development behind GVSU didn’t get LIHTC tax credits? Pretty surprised as it was part of the neighborhood plan when GVSU moved in.

Are those agreements and ASPs something the state evaluation formula includes?

6 hours ago, joeDowntown said:

Also amazed the crappy looking building on Seward got tax credits before this development. 

Joe

The development group that includes GVSU and Thrid Coast will reapply and are "confident" they will receive LIHTC support in the next round, according to MiBiz.   Applications are due April 1.

On 11/15/2016 at 10:05 AM, Aiga said:

Anyone catch this ? Thoughts ?  

http://belknapbluffs.com

I have been watching these condos at Belknap Bluffs go up from North Monroe for a while now. Last night I drove by and was impressed, they definitely seem high quality, I’m surprised there hasn’t been too much discussion on them.  Seems to be good stuff going in up and down Fairview.  Are there any more projects for this area right now.

I saw that one of the retail spaces in the "Gateway" project that you can see from I-196 has a "Coming Soon" sign in the window. I was stuck in traffic from an accident. :P Anyone know what it is? 

10 minutes ago, GRDadof3 said:

I saw that one of the retail spaces in the "Gateway" project that you can see from I-196 has a "Coming Soon" sign in the window. I was stuck in traffic from an accident. :P Anyone know what it is? 

If I’m not mistaken, that sign has been there since the building opened. “Coming some day?”.

Joe

1 hour ago, joeDowntown said:

If I’m not mistaken, that sign has been there since the building opened. “Coming some day?”.

Joe

Not the sign for the Meritage restaurant space. Another one on the Eastern end? 

12 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

Not the sign for the Meritage restaurant space. Another one on the Eastern end? 

Wasn’t Rowster supposed to be opening there, or is that project dead?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Pattmost20 said:

Wasn’t Rowster supposed to be opening there, or is that project dead?

I drove by this morning and saw the Rowster logo (and you're right GRDad, it's on the east side of the building, not where Meritage has the coming some day sign :)

Joe

21 hours ago, joeDowntown said:

I drove by this morning and saw the Rowster logo (and you're right GRDad, it's on the east side of the building, not where Meritage has the coming some day sign :)

Joe

So is that new? Or did I just notice it? 

1 hour ago, GRDadof3 said:

So is that new? Or did I just notice it? 

I hadn’t seen it until you mentioned it and I drive by every day. Definitely think it’s new. Good news for GVSU students in that area. 

Joe