Development Projects - Belknap Lookout Area

GRDadof3

Looks a lot more "apartmenty" and value engineered. I like the addition of the restaurant, but the overall architecture is a step-back. I like the Chicago brownstone look of the previous renderings.

This is different than the brownstones. Those have begun construction and are looking pretty great! Just saw them the other day. This development is a newer iteration of this:

Coit_Hastings_Scheme_B-2010.jpg

They really seem to have a thing for peaks...

Wow, I can't believe how trashy that looks. It seriously does look like a Comfort Suites in Toledo I stayed at once. Correction: to the left of the word "Restaurant" is OK, but to the right with the tiny overhangs and the 4/12 or 6/12 roof pitches and the unidentifiable siding material looks like crap. The upper floors (again) don't seem to tie into the first floor either.

The drawing is confusing. Is it the Northeast corner or the Northwest corner of Coit and Hastings?

• 1 month later...

The townhouses on Fairview are good looking, very classy designs.  These are not.  Although, it could be worse, I suppose.  They could have built another one of those pitched roof vertical trailer parks GVSUChris posted.  I don't know why, but most of what ConceptDesign does never strikes me as being all that attractive.  The rowhouse design back in February looked good, though.  Who did that?

The townhouses on Fairview are good looking, very classy designs.  These are not.  Although, it could be worse, I suppose.  They could have built another one of those pitched roof vertical trailer parks GVSUChris posted.  I don't know why, but most of what ConceptDesign does never strikes me as being all that attractive.  The rowhouse design back in February looked good, though.  Who did that?

For the brownstones, their name wasn't on the drawing. Not sure. And I agree, I think because of who the principle founder is they generally tend to to "old boy club" projects, like a lot of car dealerships and bank branches.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the answer to that question.  The developer is working with the Kent County Land Bank as we used our MSHDA demolition funds to take the houses down.  During this process the KCLBA has deed to the properties.  Once we close out with the State we will deed it all back to the developer and they will take off.  There is a bit of compliance including a lot of sign offs by various City departments before we can close out with the State  That being said we should be done very soon.

• Like 1

I have the answer to that question.  The developer is working with the Kent County Land Bank as we used our MSHDA demolition funds to take the houses down.  During this process the KCLBA has deed to the properties.  Once we close out with the State we will deed it all back to the developer and they will take off.  There is a bit of compliance including a lot of sign offs by various City departments before we can close out with the State  That being said we should be done very soon.

Good to know!

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I moved into Belknap (from Utah) about 1.5 years ago, then found this website about 8 months ago. Been creeping on here since then, finally decided to post something. Got home from work today to see this: Looks like Orion really means business... Hopefully more so than RJM: Also, the third Brownstone is coming along nicely: 

Welcome to UP :D  Thank you for the updates!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...