Development Projects - Belknap Lookout Area

GRDadof3

1 hour ago, joeDowntown said:

Did anyone see that the development behind GVSU didn’t get LIHTC tax credits? Pretty surprised as it was part of the neighborhood plan when GVSU moved in.

Are those agreements and ASPs something the state evaluation formula includes?

6 hours ago, joeDowntown said:

Did anyone see that the development behind GVSU didn’t get LIHTC tax credits? Pretty surprised as it was part of the neighborhood plan when GVSU moved in. 

Also amazed the crappy looking building on Seward got tax credits before this development. 

Joe

The development group that includes GVSU and Thrid Coast will reapply and are "confident" they will receive LIHTC support in the next round, according to MiBiz.   Applications are due April 1.

On 11/15/2016 at 10:05 AM, Aiga said:

Anyone catch this ? Thoughts ?  

http://belknapbluffs.com

I have been watching these condos at Belknap Bluffs go up from North Monroe for a while now. Last night I drove by and was impressed, they definitely seem high quality, I’m surprised there hasn’t been too much discussion on them.  Seems to be good stuff going in up and down Fairview.  Are there any more projects for this area right now.

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, GRDadof3 said:

I saw that one of the retail spaces in the "Gateway" project that you can see from I-196 has a "Coming Soon" sign in the window. I was stuck in traffic from an accident. :P Anyone know what it is? 

If I’m not mistaken, that sign has been there since the building opened. “Coming some day?”.

Joe

• 1 month later...

More condos coming to the hill on Belknap overlooking Monroe North. These would be at the North end of Fairview:

1082460275_835fairview.thumb.JPG.a4d5bec44bc2bb048f8f0fddeae79bea.JPG

414997246_826fairview.thumb.JPG.55de9000c85e3664b8f3131d031dee4d.JPG

1612137082_826-835fairview.thumb.JPG.3f1935508508756d6eefb28ab9a26010.JPG

To me they're not bad, but there's something odd about those rooflines. Just can't put my finger on it....

BrrYYiuCQAE_ncV.jpg

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, GRDadof3 said:

More condos coming to the hill on Belknap overlooking Monroe North. These would be at the North end of Fairview:

1612137082_826-835fairview.thumb.JPG.3f1935508508756d6eefb28ab9a26010.JPG

Unless I'm looking at this wrong, are they going to bulldoze those nice looking Italianate and Bungalow homes at the end of the block?  

• 1 month later...
On 2/18/2018 at 9:28 AM, GRDadof3 said:

Pricey per sf but they seem to be moving. More than half sold already.

http://belknapbluffs.com/pricing/

Fingers crossed on my offer and I'll be an owner!!  They are quite nice, solidly built.  A little overpriced per sq ft, but a 2 stall garage is icing on the cake tbh and I need to have a condo for disability reasons.

The three properties across the street are optioned by CopperRock. There are two more, what appear to be single family homes, being finished on Trowbridge. I'm told one of the homes is for the owner(?) of CopperRock.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, grandrollerz said:

Fingers crossed on my offer and I'll be an owner!!  They are quite nice, solidly built.  A little overpriced per sq ft, but a 2 stall garage is icing on the cake tbh and I need to have a condo for disability reasons.

The three properties across the street are optioned by CopperRock. There are two more, what appear to be single family homes, being finished on Trowbridge. I'm told one of the homes is for the owner(?) of CopperRock.

Good Luck!   Those prices are pretty steep.  If I had the money I would probably only buy one with a view of DT.  How much is the HOA?

I think Belknap will continue to see a lot more high density, high end development.  There's just too much relatively inexpensive housing stock that can be bulldozed for condos and apartments.

I remember when I was a kid 20 years ago and it seemed like this was one of the worst neighborhoods in the city... 10 or 20 years down the road it will be unrecognizable.  Any chance we'll see anything above 3 stories or would that violate code?

On 6/28/2019 at 9:16 PM, Floyd_Z said:

I think Belknap will continue to see a lot more high density, high end development

Other than along Lafayette, which has some environmental issues, there is room for maybe 2 - 3 more developments before the ASP (Area Specific Plan) is tapped out on locations for significantly increased density. 

Trying to step over their ASP is going to generate a lot of blow back.

It will be interesting to see if, from a developer's perspective, dealing with the site issues along Lafayette will be worth being in Belknap.  There is probably lower hanging fruit elsewhere, IMO.

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, mielsonwheels said:

Was just reading the article on MLive and was thinking about who is going to make an offer on that corner property. I'm guessing that apartment building will be coming down.

From my vantage point up here it looks to be mainly the roof in the center section.  The major support walls appear to be concrete/brick.  I would be surprised if there were actual structural damage that would deem it unsound.  My guess would be an insurance claim, repairs to the roof and affected units, but not enough to justify removal of the structure.   The two houses behind it definitely seem to have taken more significant damage, and may be more valuable torn down. 

22 minutes ago, MJLO said:

From my vantage point up here it looks to be mainly the roof in the center section.  The major support walls appear to be concrete/brick.  I would be surprised if there were actual structural damage that would deem it unsound.  My guess would be an insurance claim, repairs to the roof and affected units, but not enough to justify removal of the structure.   The two houses behind it definitely seem to have taken more significant damage, and may be more valuable torn down. 

I was more thinking along the lines of the valuable land it's sitting on, probably one of the better views in the city. Now would be the time to try to get them to sell while they are looking at the hassle of fixing a blown off roof, insurance claims, contractors, and displaced residents.

I'm sure you're right that there is no significant structural damage, that think looks like it's built like a tornado shelter (except for the roof apparently... :) )

11 minutes ago, mielsonwheels said:

I was more thinking along the lines of the valuable land it's sitting on, probably one of the better views in the city. Now would be the time to try to get them to sell while they are looking at the hassle of fixing a blown off roof, insurance claims, contractors, and displaced residents.

I'm sure you're right that there is no significant structural damage, that think looks like it's built like a tornado shelter (except for the roof apparently... :) )

A ten story condo tower would be bad ass there :D Though I'm envisioning total emotional collapse by long time Belknap residents (possibly chaining themselves to the structure to prevent it's removal).  Also the HPC will declare it a precious piece of history and forbid it's removal, or altering it's appearance.  ....I kid, i kid.

• Like 1