Development Projects - Belknap Lookout Area

GRDadof3

10 hours ago, gvsusean said:

Why not just brick them all the way...

I know, bricking halfway up on any structure reminds me of a guy with his pants pulled up too high. Either brick all the way or do a brick accent at the bottom. 

These are essentially big boxes with ornaments stuck on them. There's no variation at all to the feces, I mean facades.

I hate to be critical all the time.

On 11/13/2016 at 9:41 AM, Aiga said:

Had an account here once long ago and posted all the time - but site would not respond to my lost password - So I have to start over . 

Lots of brick here .  Brownstone project is finished up.

IMG_1944.PNG

IMG_1945.PNG

That's a much better application of masonry. Albeit the cost was considerably higher than the other project. 

56 minutes ago, GRDadof3 said:

They were a bit pricey, but did sell for $270's to $350's. 

A few got as high as $397000. I went on a neighborhood bus tour put on by the Artesian Group a while back, I thought they were crazy to go over 300k for that neighborhood, but I guess they knew they could get it.

I saw one during an open house about 2.5 years ago.  They were quite spacious with high-end construction and finishes throughout.  The "developers" (really just a neighborhood couple) lived across the street and talked about the project.  They took a lot of pride in what they were doing and definitely made some money along the way.  

38 minutes ago, Pattmost20 said:

A few got as high as $397000. I went on a neighborhood bus tour put on by the Artesian Group a while back, I thought they were crazy to go over 300k for that neighborhood, but I guess they knew they could get it.

It did take a while. And it's hard for a property like that to appraise. Now I think it would be a bit easier than 5 years ago. 

They're very nice looking, that's for sure. 

Nice projects.  Some of the comments about looking cheap or odd comes down to bad detailing.  Like a lot of new construction, a lot of it is in the windows.  No sills.  Also, the windows on the siding sections are sitting flush with the facade, and they "pictured framed" them (did this on the brownstones too).  That treatment blends badly with the neo-traditional look they were going for.  Then, the windows on the brick sections are installed traditionally--inset.  So they're done right, but now they clash with the rest, making the whole thing look a bit "off".   They probably don't even realize what is wrong with it because it has become so common.  All in the details....

nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg

Edited by x99