Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GeorgeCostanza2

Nova Scotia & Halifax

14 posts in this topic

Gorgeous country. I'd love to visit sometime. Probably in the summer though.

Great pics. It does look beautiful. I'd have to agree with Tocoto though....it's definately a place I'd want to visit in the summertime!

Its climate is warmer than Detroits

Its right on the Atlantic Ocean

Mild winters, cool summers

I think its the warmest climate in Canada after Victoria Island & Vancouver

Its climate is warmer than Detroits

Its right on the Atlantic Ocean

Mild winters, cool summers

I think its the warmest climate in Canada after Victoria Island & Vancouver

Wow. I didn't know that. Usually when I think Canada, I think Cold & Snow. I guess I was wrong on that one

no your right to think that

most of Canada is cold and filled with snow in the winter

Just parts of southern BC and Nova Scotia have it easier for being on the ocean

Vancouver doesnt get snow at all

Erm, having a warmer climate than Detroit doesn't mean much. I was in Halifax in May and there were flakes mixed in with the rain that was pouring down. It's definately not Saskatoon cold, but it's got rough winters. It's milder than Portland, Maine, but that's not saying much either. ;)

The really surprising bit is the water temp at the north shore beaches. :blink:

Snow in May is uncommon for Halifax - you must have visited when the rare day of snow that late happens.

We got 1 inch of snow here at my house last April. And I live in Tennessee.

I've seen April snow in Tennessee. I have this freakish weather magnet. When I was in San Francisco there was a tornado!

I've seen April snow in Tennessee. I have this freakish weather magnet. When I was in San Francisco there was a tornado!
LOL. My house is a tornado magnet. It's had 4 close calls with tornadoes in the past 10 or so years I've lived here. One of them went right through my yard, ripping up trees & power lines, and another tore my neighbor's garage right off his house & set it down in his driveway!

My! is that second and third photo part of NE Canada? They look like the desert in the southwest. Beautiful countryside!

The 2nd & 3rd pics look a lot like Arches National Park in Utah (which is a great place to visit if you're ever out that way).

Forts usually have five points so ther cannon can fire at every angle, they are always slightly different do to topography. This one is odd that it is on high ground over the city meaning that to fire on a ship in the harbor would mean probabley having to send shot buzzing over the city, probabley not possible with modern hi-rises.