Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wrldcoupe4

The Boulevard - Redevelopment of the Interbake Factory

9 posts in this topic

Construction is underway on "The Boulevard," a major redevelopment of the Interbake Cookie Factory property at the intersection of the Boulevard and W. Broad Street. The initial project will consist of approx. 180 residential units and 80,000 s.f. of retail, creating a much improved gateway. It is in immediate proximity to the Movieland complex, Children's Museum and Science Museum of Va, and adjacent to the new Redskins Training Facility.

http://www.richmondbizsense.com/2013/03/04/development-is-ready-to-go-in-the-oven/

Thoughts?

Construction is underway on "The Boulevard," a major redevelopment of the Interbake Cookie Factory property at the intersection of the Boulevard and W. Broad Street. The initial project will consist of approx. 180 residential units and 80,000 s.f. of retail, creating a much improved gateway. It is in immediate proximity to the Movieland complex, Children's Museum and Science Museum of Va, and adjacent to the new Redskins Training Facility.

http://www.richmondbizsense.com/2013/03/04/development-is-ready-to-go-in-the-oven/

Thoughts?

I'm surprised this isn't getting more attention. I passed by it recently and this project is going to wonders for this area of Broad and Boulevard that otherwise tends to look on the neglected side. I spoke with a young lady at Gus' on Broad Street and she mentioned the rumors of Whole Foods. Probably just rumors of course but that would be a great retail addition to this project. Anyone else heard anything about retail here?

Edited by ric75

I'm really surprised by how nice and visible this looks. I totally lacked imagination on this one. I was all for tearing it down and starting over. Boy was I wrong. It really is a handsome building. Having it modernized will definitely help to bring the look of that intersection into the 21centry.

I'm hearing they would like to land a grocer and a fitness/gym user.

Trader Joes would be nice. Whole Foods too.

Distant dream?

Wegmans. A man can only dream. 

Wegmans will be in this market at some point, just not this decade