Trump Charlotte redux

cltbwimob

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:) maybe it will anchor Levine land! (aka I'll believe it when I see it).

This isn't really new. They've been blowing hot air since Feb. unless they're involved with Crescent (which there are A lot of coincidences) I don't for a second believe it.

Obviously my opinion being a commoner with no inside knowledge.

I think it's interesting that they have started a real estate company in the area and are looking for houses after buying the golf course. Those may be tell-tale signs of deep interest in the region, although, I too am a commoner with no insider knowledge on major real estate happenings other than the tidbits I learn on this sight.

^ they've been looking since Feb.

Trump has been saying he has big plans for Charlotte but wouldn't disclose any details because he doesn't talk business until its a done deal and that the business deal is close to coming together.

If I'm not mistaken, it was WSOCTV who reported that in Feb.

Im completely ignorant in how real estate works and is developed the relationship between various organizations that develop skyscrapers, but based off of nothing but a few vague 1 liners about trump & crescent, it'd be interesting if they were somehow connected. Or if it's just a few coincidences. (Such as Crescent being the former trump tower, the same architect, timing of vague riddle-me-this details, etc)

I don't really imagine a Trump Tower on North Tryon but I hope I'm wrong.... Probably just publicity for his golf course.

• 6 months later...

New Renderings of Trump Charlotte. Wish this had happened :-(

http://www.littleonline.com/work/project/trump-tower

Apparently it wasn't going to have residential it was going to be 

Office: 800,000 sf,

Hotel: 1.2 million sf,

Retail, 300,000 sf,

Parking structure - 500,000 sf

WOW me too, that would have been unreal. Where did these renderings come from? aka why are they just surfacing now?

WOW me too, that would have been unreal. Where did these renderings come from? aka why are they just surfacing now?

It's because Little just updated their website. However, I do wonder if the smaller tower is basically what Crescent will look like. 

I find it interesting that the client is listed as "Confidential" when the project is named "Trump Charlotte"

A 1.2 million sqft hotel??? That's flipping massive. Sure would've take care of the NFL's concerns about (luxury) uptown hotel space for a Super Bowl. 

Would have been tallest Hotel in USA easily.

Hmmm. What's the proposed tower behind Duke Energy in that video?

Edit: Also interesting that another one of their projects is Phipps Tower, which is a Crescent property.

Lol, that was this...

wachovia_tower1.png

0608_FEA_Tryon_Wachovia.jpg.jpg

unfortunately it was killed by the recession.

Archived