cltbwimob

Trump Charlotte redux

49 posts in this topic

:) maybe it will anchor Levine land! (aka I'll believe it when I see it).

This isn't really new. They've been blowing hot air since Feb. unless they're involved with Crescent (which there are A lot of coincidences) I don't for a second believe it.

Obviously my opinion being a commoner with no inside knowledge.

I think it's interesting that they have started a real estate company in the area and are looking for houses after buying the golf course. Those may be tell-tale signs of deep interest in the region, although, I too am a commoner with no insider knowledge on major real estate happenings other than the tidbits I learn on this sight.

^ they've been looking since Feb.

Trump has been saying he has big plans for Charlotte but wouldn't disclose any details because he doesn't talk business until its a done deal and that the business deal is close to coming together.

If I'm not mistaken, it was WSOCTV who reported that in Feb.

Im completely ignorant in how real estate works and is developed the relationship between various organizations that develop skyscrapers, but based off of nothing but a few vague 1 liners about trump & crescent, it'd be interesting if they were somehow connected. Or if it's just a few coincidences. (Such as Crescent being the former trump tower, the same architect, timing of vague riddle-me-this details, etc)

I don't really imagine a Trump Tower on North Tryon but I hope I'm wrong.... Probably just publicity for his golf course.

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

So does anybody actually have any grease on this?  Or is it flat out hear-say at this point?

So does anybody actually have any grease on this?  Or is it flat out hear-say at this point?

that's a negative ghost rider

New Renderings of Trump Charlotte. Wish this had happened :-(

http://www.littleonline.com/work/project/trump-tower

Apparently it wasn't going to have residential it was going to be 

Office: 800,000 sf,

Hotel: 1.2 million sf,

Retail, 300,000 sf,

Parking structure - 500,000 sf

WOW me too, that would have been unreal. Where did these renderings come from? aka why are they just surfacing now?

Edited by Jayvee

WOW me too, that would have been unreal. Where did these renderings come from? aka why are they just surfacing now?

It's because Little just updated their website. However, I do wonder if the smaller tower is basically what Crescent will look like. 

I find it interesting that the client is listed as "Confidential" when the project is named "Trump Charlotte"

Edited by ricky_davis_fan_21
1 person likes this

Little is also the developer of the Crescent project, correct? I wonder if the smaller Trump tower is the basis for the new project. Even with the smaller building, its design would still be "transformative".

Hmm... large atrium? Mistaken for 2 buildings?

3 people like this

I would love for the smaller tower (even something similar).   I notice how the the middle picture of the two buildings (aerial looking down view) nicely explains talk about Crescent project building a single building that looks like two buildings.   

I wonder the odds of Crescent remotely resembling that magnitude of even just the tallest of the Trump buildings.

I just now realized the overhead view of this building looks like a honeycomb.

A 1.2 million sqft hotel??? That's flipping massive. Sure would've take care of the NFL's concerns about (luxury) uptown hotel space for a Super Bowl. 

A 1.2 million sqft hotel??? That's flipping massive. Sure would've take care of the NFL's concerns about (luxury) uptown hotel space for a Super Bowl. 

Would have been tallest Hotel in USA easily.

Would have been tallest Hotel in USA easily.

Taller than 1717 Broadway???

1717 Broadway is 1/3 the square footage, lol. I think Trump was supposed to be 78 floors, 10 floors higher than 1717 Broadway.

1 person likes this

Hmmm. What's the proposed tower behind Duke Energy in that video?

Edit: Also interesting that another one of their projects is Phipps Tower, which is a Crescent property.

Edited by birky

Hmmm. What's the proposed tower behind Duke Energy in that video?

Edit: Also interesting that another one of their projects is Phipps Tower, which is a Crescent property.

Lol, that was this...

wachovia_tower1.png

0608_FEA_Tryon_Wachovia.jpg.jpg

unfortunately it was killed by the recession.