Trump Charlotte redux

cltbwimob

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you guys hear quiet weeping in the background, that's me...

Also, the Wachovia Condo tower isn't technically dead.  Like 210 Trade, the foundation is there for a building this size, AND there is still that gigantic water holding tank meant to service both buildings, meaning the plumbing is probably in place to avoid complications to the museum below during construction.  Don't be surprised to see something pop up here eventually.  Hint: it won't be condos.

If you guys hear quiet weeping in the background, that's me...

Also, the Wachovia Condo tower isn't technically dead.  Like 210 Trade, the foundation is there for a building this size, AND there is still that gigantic water holding tank meant to service both buildings, meaning the plumbing is probably in place to avoid complications to the museum below during construction.  Don't be surprised to see something pop up here eventually.  Hint: it won't be condos.

I was wondering who that was!!!!

It reminds me a lot of 2 World Trade Center

32_01_Tower2_Rendering.jpg

This.  I want this.  I wonder if I scream and beat my hands on the floor long enough someone will build it...

Why not?  What do you know??  Spill it man!  If just the market, in 3 years when it would be complete I could see condos flying off the shelf.

I think W at Epicentre makes a ton of sense, and would be my first guess for that spot.  2nd guess would be Loews based on previous rumors about their interest in the Charlotte market, but those rumors I thought centered around a currently undeveloped site.

I think W at Epicentre makes a ton of sense, and would be my first guess for that spot.  2nd guess would be Loews based on previous rumors about their interest in the Charlotte market, but those rumors I thought centered around a currently undeveloped site.

Could not agree more that a W would be absolutely perfect. Fits the location, fits the competitors in the area, fits the bill. Make it happen!! Let's go!

Hotel to be built next to the Bank of America parking deck owned by Spectrum and next to the AME church?  Any new mixed use project would include one.  Might be too much hotel space without any new office space or increase in anything tourist related in Uptown. 

• 1 year later...

2.jpg

1.jpg

ALSO A VIDEO I FOUND!!!

I just died a little  A LOT

This evening at 11PM on Channel 9, there is supposed to be an interview with Donald Trump.  Undoubtedly he will say something to the effect of "blah blah blah I love Charlotte blah blah blah still want to make a deal blah blah blah."  The difference is this time, I believe there is a legitimate shot that he will say that there is something in the works.  The reason I say this is that he was Donny come lately to the last development boom, and with all the exuberance of recent announcements, I feel certain his interview tonight he will announce a major project in the works.  About a year after the announcement, the market will tank just like last time he announced something great. So, Crescent, Childress Klein, Lincoln Harris, Portman, Grubb, etc better hurry up and finish their projects for the end is near. :ph34r:

In all seriousness, his son was here not too long ago talking about the properties on North Tryon and a project like his last one would certainly be a catalyst for that area.  As much as we like to poke fun at the Donald, I would be ecstatic if he resurrected his 2007-2008 project near Levine land.  I know its not likely to happen, so I guess I should quit dreaming, but I see the renderings above and can't help but to think "what if..."  In the meantime I guess I should just have some popcorn and enjoy the annual Trump interview.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/exclusive-donald-trump-talks-about-nc-development-/nkBpP/

^^^Crap.  I was 100% certain my hypothesis was infallible.  Oh well, at least we know the development around town will continue until he announces something.  Since that will likely be the last time he speaks to the media in Charlotte for another year, I figure the current projects will have at a  minimum two years before the bottom falls out (Trump Charlotte Announcement plus one year).

Archived