2Charlestons

charleston metro projects

9 posts in this topic

Are any of the Charleston metro major projects being revived? The only one I've seen personally is the Ingleside project which is moving along and the mixzon project started up again.

The hotel planned for the old County Library site facing Marion Square is set to begin shortly.  The latest design went before the BAR just recently. 

The Courier Square project is about to begin it's first phase too.  That is the 12 acres that the News and Courier owns.  

1 person likes this

Thanks VICUPSTATE I live in Charleston, but have just become interested in the Urban planning and development of the Big Three ( Grnvlle,Chas, Col). I've learned a lot just from the forums, but don't know where to find the information on my own.

Thanks VICUPSTATE I live in Charleston, but have just become interested in the Urban planning and development of the Big Three ( Grnvlle,Chas, Col). I've learned a lot just from the forums, but don't know where to find the information on my own.

Welcome to the forum!

Personally, I just track projects in the city of Charleston other than whats reported in the local media.   I usually visit the city's meeting agendas for info on projects working thru the approval process.  I'm sure North Charleston, Mt. Pleasant, etc..  have similiar project approval agenda info available on their websites but I've never tried to find it.

Here's the link to Charleston's meeting agendas:

http://www.charleston-sc.gov/AgendaCenter

1 person likes this

Thanks to both of you, the information was very helpful and insightful. I look forward to future discussions on the forum. WTBS, I was wondering do any of the Metro Areas have a plan or in the planning stages of a Mass Transit System?

There was a study done awhile back on Light Rail from Summerville to DT Charleston, but I never saw any details from that. 

This apartment complex just finished construction in Summerville.  Its quite large.

Link

5300 Patron Place
Summerville, SC 29485

20121212153132photo1.jpg

Edited by erm1981

Here are some more apartments being built not to far from Boeing / Palmetto Commerce Parkway on Patriot Blvd.  They are in construction phase.

post-10514-0-95892500-1376762980_thumb.j