Boeing Phase II

2Charlestons

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What kind of growth do you all think the new BOEING phase will bring to North Charleston and the rest of the Charleston Area??

I hope the level of suppliers starts to rise to become similiar to what BMW brought to the upstate.  The supplier spinoff has been less than I had hoped so far.

• 4 months later...

I hope the level of suppliers starts to rise to become similiar to what BMW brought to the upstate.  The supplier spinoff has been less than I had hoped so far.

When Boeing was first ramping up, it was stated that the supplier chain for aircraft manufacturing is different that automobiles, and suppliers do not have to be phisically close to the main plant, though some direct sin-off would occure. There will be other indirect growth form Boeing, and that is already happening. Other technology or aircraft related companies for instance.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a Seattle Times article from Dec 18 on the prospects of N Chas landing the 777X production line and a general overview of what is going on at the Boeing N Chas operation:

http://seattletimes.com/html/businesstechnology/2022486595_boeing777xsites2charlestonxml.html

Personally, I have no inside information on the 777X site selection but I doubt N Chas gets selected.  I do think N Chas will end up being the primary, if not the sole production location, for all 787 Dreamliners.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You would think it would bring massive growth.They recently received an order for dreamliners for more than 100 billion dollars according to the newspapers.No aircraft manufacturer in history has done this.I sent them my job resume the other day.

Charleston is rated one of the fastest growing middle markets in the nation, and there are several huge developments coming online that will add thousands of homes and commercial outlets. Here in Summerville the 4500 acre "Nexton" project is starting up and has plans for over 13,000 homes, office parks and shopping areas.

Archived