GRDadof3

20 Fulton E, Mixed Use Development

351 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, thebeerqueer said:

This project adds some nice density to the core. Feels much larger than the 12 floors it is. 

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I feel like if it were substantially taller, it'd feel out of place/scale. 

2 hours ago, joeDowntown said:

I was just going to declare that I officially like this building. :) The windows are "interesting", but better then some other buildings that have gone up recently. Next big hurdle to get Joe's Seal of Approval (tm) will be to see what the first level looks like when it's completed. Hopefully it has doors along Fulton (slight jab at 616 on Michigan). :)

Joe

The drawings only show one door at the Eastern end, but yeah it will be interesting to see if they add more. 

1 person likes this

20 minutes ago, GRDadof3 said:

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I feel like if it were substantially taller, it'd feel out of place/scale. 

The drawings only show one door at the Eastern end, but yeah it will be interesting to see if they add more. 

I guess it depends on if the get multiple tenants.  Maybe they are hoping for a CVS to take up the entire 10k SF.   It seems like a logical spot for a full service CVS or Walgreen's.

4 people like this

2 hours ago, GRLaker said:

I honestly still don't like the windows. I'd be fine with it if there wasn't a random hodgepodge of non-window panels peppered throughout the thing.

Yeah, I'm still skeptical of the windows too. I hope when it's done I'll like it. :)

Joe

I think I would have preferred a less contrasting color for the solid panels, but I see what they are trying to do, and it is certainly very trendy in facade design across the world.

The one thing I am wondering about right now are the partial height anodized panels. It appears that beneath these are the HVAC unit intake/exhaust louvers. In the elevations they are shown the same color as the silver/anodized facade panels, but right now they are black. I'm curious if there is an additional cladding panel going over these or if they will remain dark.

4 minutes ago, x99 said:

Suffice to say I am not sophisticated enough to understand why people think this is attractive.  They both make Gallery on Fulton look good.  Suffice to say I think 20 Fulton will probably have the same effect.  

I like it in moderation. It reinforces individuality (it'd be hard to find two units on the building that look the same from the outside). But since it's challenging monotonous construction, you can really only have one or two in a city. Otherwise everyone's a rebel which means no one's a rebel. 

1 person likes this

On November 29, 2016 at 8:28 AM, mpchicago said:

I guess it depends on if the get multiple tenants.  Maybe they are hoping for a CVS to take up the entire 10k SF.   It seems like a logical spot for a full service CVS or Walgreen's.

Been saying for years there needs to be a 24hour/drug store type place downtown....not up in the hill!

1 person likes this

Anyone notice they put up new signage with renderings of the building? This is the best photo I could get. Would love to see a digital version. :)

IMG_3833.JPG

1 person likes this

32 minutes ago, joeDowntown said:

Anyone notice they put up new signage with renderings of the building? This is the best photo I could get. Would love to see a digital version. :)

IMG_3833.JPG

If you go on the website they've got a lot of details about it and I have to say I'd like to sell my house and move in. You can pay extra for housekeeping! Done and done. 

Edited by GVSUChris
2 people like this

29 minutes ago, GVSUChris said:

If you go on the website they've got a lot of details about it and I have to say I'd like to sell my house and move in. You can pay extra for housekeeping! Done and done. 

32080339772_02a5cccbd9_c.jpg

2 people like this

Maybe I should google it next time. LOL. Thanks all!

BTW, I think the building looks nice. 

Joe

1 person likes this

From near the Cathedral of Saint Andrew's

P1140450.JPG

On 1/15/2017 at 1:51 PM, kevin8gr said:

From near the Cathedral of Saint Andrew's

P1140450.JPG

Enjoy it. It comes down tomorrow apparently. 

Yes. The big crane that they used to put it up is assembled and ready to take it down. 

20 Fulton E - January 27, 2017

Just for the record, the tower crane is gone. Any others on the horizon in downtown GR for us to look forward to?

23 minutes ago, sparky05 said:

Just for the record, the tower crane is gone. Any others on the horizon in downtown GR for us to look forward to?

The Warner Tower I would assume will have one, maybe two. That's at least a year away before they need it though. 

I've been seeing some of the pieces going north on 131 I'm assuming back to Erickson's yard on 3 Mile Raod. He's got pieces for several of them there.

5 hours ago, sparky05 said:

Ionia/Fulton/Louis also.

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, tSlater said:

Ionia/Fulton/Louis also.

That should be about the biggest ever, correct? Maybe Riverhouse used a bigger crane?

Just the view coming down Monroe Center. (Taken from a timelapse of me driving around town) 

Urban Planet.jpg

Edited by crinzema
1 person likes this