20 Fulton E, Mixed Use Development

GRDadof3

5 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

It doesn't bother me as much as the mobile home on stilts by the arena. :) 

Just try to imagine the visionary monument Orion would build if they somehow got their hands on the 201 Market property! :D

• 3 months later...

5 hours ago, Lmichigan said:

I don't know where I saw it - but remember it only being mentioned in passing - but I heard 20 Fulton East has officially been completed/ got its occupancy certificate; is this true?

It appears to be finished, looks like people are living there. 

1 hour ago, GRDadof3 said:

The floor-to-ceiling windows are cool! River House is like that (with higher ceilings). 

Floor to ceiling is a big nope for me, but I have an irrational fear of heights. I prefer a half wall to put my mind at ease. For someone other than me though...It's definitely cool.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, ironyisadeadscene said:

I feel like they can take down this banner:

20191106_155134.jpg

The city gave the McKay Tower owners hell about their dome light because they called it an inappropriate sign, and yet here's an actual sign that is well beyond its lifespan and they just turn a blind eye.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GRDadof3 said:

The city gave the McKay Tower owners hell about their dome light because they called it an inappropriate sign, and yet here's an actual sign that is well beyond its lifespan and they just turn a blind eye.

The city zoning ordinances don't have much to say about the contents of a display—just the form (and due to the First Amendment, I doubt they could do much differently). Though I suppose there could be a restriction on how long "temporary" banner-style signs may be left up.

• Like 2

On 11/8/2019 at 8:19 AM, organsnyder said:

The city zoning ordinances don't have much to say about the contents of a display—just the form (and due to the First Amendment, I doubt they could do much differently). Though I suppose there could be a restriction on how long "temporary" banner-style signs may be left up.

Yes, I was thinking length of time for a real estate advertisement/banner. But then again, a lot of buildings have For Lease signs in the windows for years and years. Karl Chew probably having the largest number of them, since pretty much all of his ground floor retail is vacant. 

On 11/10/2019 at 10:09 AM, GRDadof3 said:

Yes, I was thinking length of time for a real estate advertisement/banner. But then again, a lot of buildings have For Lease signs in the windows for years and years. Karl Chew probably having the largest number of them, since pretty much all of his ground floor retail is vacant. 

The Supreme Court has explicitly ruled that cities can't treat signs differently based on content.

But most zoning ordinances have a hard cap on how long a temporary banner can stay up, regardless of content.

• 1 year later...