20 Fulton E, Mixed Use Development

GRDadof3

6 hours ago, ctpgr34 said:

Anyone have an updated version of this project?

I've come to the conclusion that since there are no plans to be found online more recent than the ones that were out in 2013, that the building will be substantially comparable to what we've already seen. There may be some tweaks, but every project has some tweaks. 

12 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

I've come to the conclusion that since there are no plans to be found online more recent than the ones that were out in 2013, that the building will be substantially comparable to what we've already seen. There may be some tweaks, but every project has some tweaks. 

I don't know.   This past summer, according to the DDA, Brookstone removed Progressive from the project, and hired another architect to design a smaller building.  Why would they go to the trouble of changing architects if they weren't going in a different direction with the design.   I think it's still strange that the new rendering is MIA.  I can't think of one project where we didn't see the final concept before it was built.

24 minutes ago, mpchicago said:

I don't know.   This past summer, according to the DDA, Brookstone removed Progressive from the project, and hired another architect to design a smaller building.  Why would they go to the trouble of changing architects if they weren't going in a different direction with the design.   I think it's still strange that the new rendering is MIA.  I can't think of one project where we didn't see the final concept before it was built.

Actually, it just said they had hired a new architectural firm (possibly to justify getting another 2 year extension) and nothing was said about the size changing. The memo stated the "overall scope of the project, and the amount of requested support remain the same." 

http://grcity.us/design-and-development-services/Downtown-Development-Authority/Downtown%20Development/DDA%20August%2012%20Agenda%20Packet.pdf

The old plans looked to be about 14 floors (what was reported). The new ones sound like it's 12 stories. Not a substantial difference in size. One thing I did notice is that in old articles, it said the split would be 54 market rate and 54 LIHTC units. The MSHDA award was for 45 LIHTC units, split into two phases. 

It is strange though that there's nothing new on the city's site, in any of the agendas or minutes, as far as I can tell. 

10 hours ago, GRBorn said:

Pappageorge Haymes out of Chicago

Ah, interesting. They've done quite a few high profile highrises in Chicago, including One Museum Park (the tall blue one that stands prominently and somewhat obnoxiously at the South end of Millennium Park by Soldier Field)

http://www.pappageorgehaymes.com/projects

One Museum Park.jpg

23 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

Actually, it just said they had hired a new architectural firm (possibly to justify getting another 2 year extension) and nothing was said about the size changing. The memo stated the "overall scope of the project, and the amount of requested support remain the same." 

http://grcity.us/design-and-development-services/Downtown-Development-Authority/Downtown%20Development/DDA%20August%2012%20Agenda%20Packet.pdf

The old plans looked to be about 14 floors (what was reported). The new ones sound like it's 12 stories. Not a substantial difference in size. One thing I did notice is that in old articles, it said the split would be 54 market rate and 54 LIHTC units. The MSHDA award was for 45 LIHTC units, split into two phases. 

It is strange though that there's nothing new on the city's site, in any of the agendas or minutes, as far as I can tell. 

I don't know much about architects, but a company like Pappageorge Haymes doesn't seem like the type that would just make tweaks to something someone else created.

27 minutes ago, ctpgr34 said:

I don't know much about architects, but a company like Pappageorge Haymes doesn't seem like the type that would just make tweaks to something someone else created.

Agreed. They would do a substantial redesign to add their signature elements. 

5 hours ago, MJLO said:

Would their signature elements be in the budget of Brookstone and their trademark creative financing?

Sure. There's nothing particularly outstanding about their work, other than being omni-present and tall in Chicago. There are definitely much better tower architects in Chicago. 

• 2 weeks later...