20 Fulton E, Mixed Use Development

GRDadof3

57 minutes ago, joeDowntown said:

How tall do you think the building will be compared to the crane in these pics?

Didn't we all determine that 20 Fulton would be basically the same height as Gallery? Or a hair shorter? That one picture that has Gallery in it would make 20 Fulton East come in just under the crane. They may have to add a section or two for clearance? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2016 at 1:04 PM, ryan_gndvl said:

Any new pics? I don't get downtown much to see the progress.

From the roof of my work, so from a ways away and behind the tower pink building, nothing seems to be changing. Of course, that's wrong as they are working alot over there, but it's not very noticeable from afar yet. Just that stage where it looks like it stalls even if it hasnt.

Updates from today. 

27352686916_148fcc2298_b.jpg

26778667044_c0254f984d_h.jpg

It looked like there was a camera permanently mounted to the roof of Acton Institute. Anyone find a webcam feed yet? 

Anyone else notice that it appears as though UICA's green wall is finally starting to take hold? 

27386105715_96e964ec3a_b.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

Anyone else notice that it appears as though UICA's green wall is finally starting to take hold? 

27386105715_96e964ec3a_b.jpg

I noticed that too this weekend. It looks good and adds a nice green element to an otherwise blah screening ... If only Orion would recognize the value in proper parking screening. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm obviously way behind on this project, as the last rendering I had seen for this was the one in MLive.

Big disappointment in my book. I'm honestly over these elongated rectangles with zero character that are now dominating the GR landscape. How have we gone from buildings like the Amway Grand, River House, DeVos Center, and the JW to nothing but lego blocks? I was drawing buildings like this in 7th grade when I had dreams of becoming an architect. Now we have actual professionals drawing up this crap.

It beats an empty lot...But this was a big swing and miss, IMHO.