20 Fulton E, Mixed Use Development

GRDadof3

On 11/9/2016 at 5:13 PM, joeDowntown said:

So far, I like the way this AND the Venue Tower looks [ducks head]. :)

Joe

Have you see the facades that are starting to go up?  I'm pretty sure it's going to look just as cheap and cheesy as I expected.  What's done so far doesn't exactly scream "quality" in either materials or design.  

15 minutes ago, x99 said:

Have you see the facades that are starting to go up?  I'm pretty sure it's going to look just as cheap and cheesy as I expected.  What's done so far doesn't exactly scream "quality" in either materials or design.  

I know, I know. I'm still hoping we get a building (eventually) that is the envy of any city, but I still think these infill projects add to the city. I think you and I are more aligned than it may seem (or that we scrap about). I'd love if everything built in the city blew us away. But unfortunately, it isn't. And it isn't in every city I've ever visited. But I think these projects push the city forward from the streetscape, to hitting a critical mass of people living downtown. 

Joe

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, sparky05 said:

Nice!

So is this building going to be brick on floors 1-3? I see they are almost done with the street level, interested to see what they do with the 2 floors before it switches to glass (also, i'll be interesting to see what they do with the 4th floor, which looks to be glass but hasn't been worked on yet). 

I'm liking this building and I'm not ashamed to admit it (well, maybe a little ashamed or I wouldn't be saying I'm not ashamed. LOL).

Joe

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sparky05 said:

Honestly, the look of the exterior is growing on me. At least the upper floors. Excited to see what this will look like when complete.

15 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

I like it too. I like the dark gray masonry on the lower floors. 

I was just going to declare that I officially like this building. :) The windows are "interesting", but better then some other buildings that have gone up recently. Next big hurdle to get Joe's Seal of Approval (tm) will be to see what the first level looks like when it's completed. Hopefully it has doors along Fulton (slight jab at 616 on Michigan). :)

Joe

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, thebeerqueer said:

This project adds some nice density to the core. Feels much larger than the 12 floors it is. 

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I feel like if it were substantially taller, it'd feel out of place/scale. 

2 hours ago, joeDowntown said:

I was just going to declare that I officially like this building. :) The windows are "interesting", but better then some other buildings that have gone up recently. Next big hurdle to get Joe's Seal of Approval (tm) will be to see what the first level looks like when it's completed. Hopefully it has doors along Fulton (slight jab at 616 on Michigan). :)

Joe

The drawings only show one door at the Eastern end, but yeah it will be interesting to see if they add more. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GRDadof3 said:

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I feel like if it were substantially taller, it'd feel out of place/scale. 

The drawings only show one door at the Eastern end, but yeah it will be interesting to see if they add more. 

I guess it depends on if the get multiple tenants.  Maybe they are hoping for a CVS to take up the entire 10k SF.   It seems like a logical spot for a full service CVS or Walgreen's.

• Like 4