The Lofts at Stone and Rowley.

gman430

JSD designed the Bookends so maybe this will be fairly nice looking. I like how the building will be up against the street with parking in the back. Residential and commercial space is planned. Max height of structure is 56 feet 4 inches above Stone Avenue street level. Looking forward to some renderings: http://www.greenvillesc.gov/PlanningZoning/PlanningApplications/Applications/2013/AUGUST/PlanningCommission/08-08-2013/Z-15-2013-CornerofStoneAvenueandRowleyStreet.pdf This is the developer: http://www.bluewallre.com/

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does this mean phase 3 of ONE is going to be announced soon? :D

What does the video or post have to do with anything related to the topic?

I think this is great for the area and I really wish Target would consider the Main and Stone street intersection. Maybe this project will draw more people's attention to the area.

I like these a lot. I'd love to see Stone lined with developments like these. Unfortunately, NIMBY resistance is very strong in that area.

What do you base that statement on?  The recent Gville News article, IMO, did not indicate as much.  There is/was a lot of support for the Master Plan that fits nicely with this project.

What do you base that statement on?  The recent Gville News article, IMO, did not indicate as much.  There is/was a lot of support for the Master Plan that fits nicely with this project.

How soon we forget the Waffle House kerfuffle of 2009

http://www.journalwatchdog.com/city/335-earle-street-keeps-waffle-house-fight-alive

I don't see the relevancy of a 24 hour restaurant with a bad reputation for crime, compares to a largely residential project. Apple and Orange.

But a fantastic reputation for hash browns - scattered smothered covered chunked capped and diced

The Greenville News article mentioned "concerns" from some residents...of course.

It has been my long-time observation that news media always present a 'conflict' situation whenever possible.  Just as the two or three people that opposed the ONE project on height grounds got 50% of the coverage, even though 99% of the merchants/property owners/residents had no problem with it.  Conflict gets readers/listeners/viewers, harmony doesn't.  Plus, having 'concerns' is different than having a 'problem'.  A lack of info. can also be the source of 'concerns', which can be resolved with simply providing answers to their questions.   That was my take on that article, at least.  

It has been my long-time observation that news media always present a 'conflict' situation whenever possible.  Just as the two or three people that opposed the ONE project on height grounds got 50% of the coverage, even though 99% of the merchants/property owners/residents had no problem with it.  Conflict gets readers/listeners/viewers, harmony doesn't.  Plus, having 'concerns' is different than having a 'problem'.  A lack of info. can also be the source of 'concerns', which can be resolved with simply providing answers to their questions.   That was my take on that article, at least.  

Absolutely. That's always a fun game with The Greenville News. No matter what the article is about, they HAVE to find the complainers. It could be about a fireman saving a cat from a tree, and they would focus on the guy complaining that it was a waste of taxpayer money.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

101 Stone Ave.,

Greenville

East Park and Stone will add residential and commercial space at the corner of Stone Avenue and Rowley Street. More than 50 apartments will be offered, along with amenities attractive to active, urban residents.

Developer: Bogue Wallin

Architect: JSD Architecture, Greenville

General contractor: Harper Corp., Greenville

Engineers: Darrohn Engineering and Arrowood & Arrowood, Greenville

Estimated completion: January 2015

Estimated cost: $5 million

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived