GR Walks App

joshleo

Hey planeteers, 

for the past 3 years I have been working on a local walking tours app. I have two tours finished (Heritage Hill North and Eastown & East Hills) and thought I would let you all know that it is finally available for download! (and for free at that!)

The tours show a lot of before and after historical photos of buildings around the city and tells the story of the people and places. 

I am working on more tours and open to suggestions if you have any!

Here is the site: http://www.grwalks.com

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks josh. The old Reformed church looked awesome. That and the old city hall and this city would truly have a couple more stand out historical structures. However, I did not see any downloads for printable maps yet (unless I missed it). Is it in the works?

Thanks josh. The old Reformed church looked awesome. That and the old city hall and this city would truly have a couple more stand out historical structures. However, I did not see any downloads for printable maps yet (unless I missed it). Is it in the works?

No printable downloads yet (and some of the photo licensing prohibits it but i still hope to make them available soon)

Nice job Josh. I haven't been able to actually "tour", but have played with the app and it looks great. When will you be doing a tour of downtown? :)

Joe

Downtown is a little difficult for me to wrap my head around. 

I have thought of doing:

downtown churches tour

downtown public art tour

downtown architecture tour

but all three require a lot more research than some neighborhoods and topics. I have some resources but hope work with either the museum, or local universities to help with the research (this is just a volunteer project for me that I do in my free time)

Agreed. I think Architecture and Churches could be combined (so much interesting architecture in the churches). Public Art is a great idea as well. I wonder if a group like Downtown GR or Experience GR would help pay for the research? It's a great resource. Keep up the good work!

Joe

Downtown is a little difficult for me to wrap my head around. 

I have thought of doing:

downtown churches tour

downtown public art tour

downtown architecture tour

but all three require a lot more research than some neighborhoods and topics. I have some resources but hope work with either the museum, or local universities to help with the research (this is just a volunteer project for me that I do in my free time)

Archived