Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spenser1058

An Apartment Designed to Force You Out of Your Car

5 posts in this topic

Question should be: Will city of Orlando allow that?

Question should be: Will city of Orlando allow that?

An excellent point, sunshine. Sadly, this City Hall's idea of planning is whatever the developers or billionaires want - it's why most of the projects downtown these days are just giving us MetroWest North. I assume, however, that if a developer asked for such a variance, Buddy would say, "Yes, sir! Whatever you want, sir!"

In my younger days, I argued to City Hall to do away with the parking requirements. I am pretty sure I only got a look of confusion. The reality is, we could do away with it and nothing would change. Maybe in ten years we will have the density and infrastructure to do it. 

Besides, the biggest opposition would not be City Hall, it would be the lending institutions. 

1 person likes this

In my younger days, I argued to City Hall to do away with the parking requirements. I am pretty sure I only got a look of confusion. The reality is, we could do away with it and nothing would change. Maybe in ten years we will have the density and infrastructure to do it. 

Besides, the biggest opposition would not be City Hall, it would be the lending institutions. 

Go Jack! Interesting about the banks - excellent point.