60 story Four Seasons. 700+ feet.

Guest 5th & Main Urbanite

Guest 5th & Main Urbanite

Honestly, I have read so much negativity about Nashville from you that I thought you were just being sarcastic about the positives of Nashville.

Nope. Been in love with this city since I moved here in 1965 from Houston which I don't remember because I was 2. First visit downtown was 1967. I was 4 and my father told me the L&C Tower was the tallest building in the city. They were still completing the 201 First Avenue North Building now known as the Service Source Building. I thought he meant it was the tallest building in the world! Man, I thought that was so cool!!!

3 years later when I was 7 I would make my first trip to Manhattan and I was blown away!

• 2 weeks later...

Would anyone besides me be a little surprised to see that particular site at 12th/Laurel be the location of a Four Seasons? I know that the Gulch is on the rise, and that there is a high-end apartment complex going in across the street and a small-to-medium-sized office buiding going in behind. But even so, I am personally imagining that a Four Seasons would want to go to a more established area. The only hotels that are currently even underway in the Gulch are a teeny, tiny boutique hotel next to the delightfully gritty Station Inn and a lower-end extended stay hotel on Division. I can see a larger boutique hotel or a W or something going in the Gulch, but trendy/edgy/gritty/transitional is hard for me to fathom for a Four Seasons. I have never stayed in one, but I imagine a Four Seasons aiming to stand above its competition in terms of luxury and amenities, not to stand several several desolate blocks from any competition at all.  I don't see them being a trail blazer in that literally geographic sense.

• Like 2

My hunch would be that they'd want to be closer to the convention center.

Also...didn't the original design of the Signature Tower have a high end hotel incorporated into it?  Just sayin...

Truth be told...I'm skeptical (but hopefully optimistic) that any of the proposals that have been put forth at that site will come to frutition in the near future.

I am starting to think that Mr. Bloom is actually serious about this proposal. I don't know how much of that block his partnership owns, but I hope he would keep the old brick buildings along 12th.  

From the NBJ, he talks about his plans for the Gulch:  http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/print-edition/2013/08/23/vision-for-the-future.html

Edited by MLBrumby

• 2 years later...

Hope resurrecting this thread doesn't give folks a heart attack... I scrolled to the bottom of the page and saw this old thread highlighted. I presume this was supposed to go on the SE corner of 12th & Laurel: https://www.google.com/maps/@36.1535698,-86.7855047,3a,66.8y,99.4h,87.64t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sPNmvLrsKcG1Xn9XLk1_jaA!2e0?hl=en

What, if anything, has been proposed for this locale in the 3 years since (or has anything been built on the lot, since the Google Maps can't keep up with all the new construction) ?

2 hours ago, fieldmarshaldj said:

Hope resurrecting this thread doesn't give folks a heart attack... I scrolled to the bottom of the page and saw this old thread highlighted. I presume this was supposed to go on the SE corner of 12th & Laurel: https://www.google.com/maps/@36.1535698,-86.7855047,3a,66.8y,99.4h,87.64t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sPNmvLrsKcG1Xn9XLk1_jaA!2e0?hl=en

What, if anything, has been proposed for this locale in the 3 years since (or has anything been built on the lot, since the Google Maps can't keep up with all the new construction) ?

This will be the location of the new W Hotel and Condo project.  The residential portion of the tower will be 18 or 19 stories and will have around 200 units.  The hotel portion will be about 15-16 stories and will have 250 rooms.  Will also include several restaurants, retail, and large garage. Here is the initial rendering.  More TBA. 

W Hotel render 3, March 2106.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, fieldmarshaldj said:

Not gonna lie...think I might have had a minor stroke, but it's cool.  ;)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, markhollin said:

This will be the location of the new W Hotel and Condo project.  The residential portion of the tower will be 18 or 19 stories and will have around 200 units.  The hotel portion will be about 15-16 stories and will have 250 rooms.  Will also include several restaurants, retail, and large garage. Here is the initial rendering.  More TBA. 

Quite a letdown from a possible 60-stories. :(

• 2 years later...