Gov Pat McCrory's poll numbers falling like a brick

cityboi

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/pat-mccrory/

no surprise here. Only 40% of North Carolinians approve of the job McCrory is doing. First he and his fellow republicans in the general assembly screwed people over with the unemployment benefits (the only state to abruptly stop emergency federal unemployment benefits) now they are imposing some of the nation's strictest voting laws. In addition to voter ID, the GOP is ending sunday early voting which is the day when black churches go in groups to vote. Same day voter registration and voting will end, a key to Obama's victory. Finally straight party voting will end, which heavily favors the democrats. There will be a backlash and McCrory and his friends will be voted out of office. When republicans over reach, they get voted out.

The republican controlled general assembly is in worse shape. Only 20% approve of the job they are doing

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

A new poll released today by PPP showed McCrory's approval at 39%

Of course, the once admired mayor shot back with his own internal poll numbers saying that his approval rate is closer to 48%.

Something that has been interesting about McCrory, is that rather than acknowledging he has encountered some challenges, or even following other politicians in just ignoring the bad press, he is so quick to defend himself. He is extremely prone to trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the populace by coming up with his own version of reality.

I can't believe I ever supported his gubernatorial campaign. I want Bev Perdue back.

It will be interesting to see if the attempts to limit some people's ability to vote will work if the poll numbers continue to decline and stay low. I feel like most reasonable people don't support the various initiatives that are being passed.

I believe that American history shows that these voter suppression tactics don't work. GOP thinks they are being clever and that this all works on paper. But these moves really, really piss off a lot of people and will drive them to the polls. It will bring a rallying call to the Democratic party that has not existed in year. It will be just how the GOP rode the gay marriage issue, except this issue will be real and tangible. 

And again, here is McCrory trying to defend an indefensible position.  Will someone please explain how a 24 year old campaign staffer fresh out of college with an English degree is imminently qualified to be a top advisor in the DHHS?  Furthermore, will someone please explain why they deserve 87500 per year, roughly twice that of the average NC school teacher? 

McCrory and his band of merry men in Raleigh are corrupt. 

http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/08/16/3113226/mccrory-defends-big-salaries-to.html

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I didn't really follow state politics until Amendment One (and now I'm not a fan of NC republicans at all), so I have a question. I know Bev Perdue was and extremely unpopular governor, I was just wondering why? Was it any one action/scandal? A bunch of missteps? Was it because she was always seen as fighting a losing battle with the GOP led general assembly? If the state house and senate had remained blue after the 2010 elections would that have helped Bev's approval ratings due to everyone getting along? Just looking for a little insight....

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/12/15/3464281/mccrorys-poll-numbers-are-on-the.html

I was a bit disturbed by this article yesterday. Apparantely over the last several months McCrory's approval rating has increased from 35% to 42%....and

“Democrats hold a narrow 45/43 advantage on the generic legislative ballot but that’s well down from what it was over the summer and may limit their opportunities to make gains next fall,”....Are people's memories really that short? Have they forgotten about the craziness of this past legislative session? Or are they just buying into the commercials that outside groups have been airing all across the state? Perhaps it's people associating democrats with the "evil Obamacare"?

Also Kay Hagan is now trailing or even with all potential republican candidates except for Thom Tillis (she maintains a 2% lead), which is a stark contrast to her double digit leads just a few months back:

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/kay-hagan/

In my opinion if Moral Monday doesn't ramp back up over the summer and the GOP tries to be more moderate next year the democrats may not be able to make as big of a rebound as it appeared they'd be able to make just a couple of months ago .....I imagine what we may end up seeing in NC is the GOP showing their true colors on non election years and being moderate/less drastic on election years....

Archived