Jump to content

Keeler Building - 56 North Division


Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, GVSUChris said:

They FINALLY opened Fountain Street back up, as well as new sidewalk on Fountain Street. They have also removed the fencing and concrete barricade along Division and appear to be finishing that sidewalk stretch up as well. I work next door at Fountain Street Church and they've been telling us for MONTHS that they were going to be done any day now, so it is nothing short of a miracle that they are actually wrapping this project up. 

As for the actual Keeler? Who even knows...

With the openings of the sidewalk, you can now walk closer to the building and see the sad state of decay. :(

Joe

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With the work they've been doing, I hope they buy and sell many more properties in GR. joe

$20 million in tax credits they're going to sell for a $42 million project? Half the project funded by tax credits? This has to be a joke and I hope the city's attorney digs into this proposal and thi

Agreed, thanks for posting Chris. There are solutions to issues and then there are really bad "solutions" to issues. 

Posted Images

21 hours ago, GVSUChris said:

They FINALLY opened Fountain Street back up, as well as new sidewalk on Fountain Street. They have also removed the fencing and concrete barricade along Division and appear to be finishing that sidewalk stretch up as well. I work next door at Fountain Street Church and they've been telling us for MONTHS that they were going to be done any day now, so it is nothing short of a miracle that they are actually wrapping this project up. 

As for the actual Keeler? Who even knows...

Speaking of work, I saw you and your partner sold Books & Mortar. What are you up to now? Any future retail plans?

Joe

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joeDowntown said:

Speaking of work, I saw you and your partner sold Books & Mortar. What are you up to now? Any future retail plans?

Joe

Yeah we did! I'm "a man of the cloth" as they say so I took a role at Fountain Street Church just before deciding to sell. We loved owning and running the store but we are starters, so it isn't impossible that something else won't be in the works, though more likely partnering with other businesses/models. This town was so good to us for the two years we ran that store and so far it's been great to the new owner. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay - someone help me out here -

I'm 99.99% positive that the Keeler project was included in this round of applications and that it was their third time applying for credits. As I read this article it looks like for the third time they didn't get any LIHTC awards. The interesting thing is that I was talking to someone with insight on this project back when they applied the third time and they were confident they'd get at least something because they had changed their application/ratios/etc. but at least as I read this article I am left assuming they were turned down? 

https://mibiz.com/sections/real-estate-development/nine-west-michigan-affordable-housing-projects-get-tax-credits

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, GVSUChris said:

Okay - someone help me out here -

I'm 99.99% positive that the Keeler project was included in this round of applications and that it was their third time applying for credits. As I read this article it looks like for the third time they didn't get any LIHTC awards. The interesting thing is that I was talking to someone with insight on this project back when they applied the third time and they were confident they'd get at least something because they had changed their application/ratios/etc. but at least as I read this article I am left assuming they were turned down? 

https://mibiz.com/sections/real-estate-development/nine-west-michigan-affordable-housing-projects-get-tax-credits

If it's the same outfit consisting mostly of mortgage brokers with no readily apparent experience in the field that applied the first time around (see prior posts), I think they'll get turned down again, and again, and again....  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 years later...

So I just got a phone call regarding this building, did some digging and found this:

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/56-Division-Ave-N-Grand-Rapids-MI/17588044/

The flyer in the link mentions building a ramp on the Ellis lot south of this building.

And this:

https://mls.carwm.com/listing/30518552/56-Division-Ave-N-Grand-Rapids-MI-49503

And have been told that 7 stories might not be the final height of this building once all is said and done.

Keep in mind this is all still very speculative.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NoDustBusterNoMore said:

So I just got a phone call regarding this building, did some digging and found this:

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/56-Division-Ave-N-Grand-Rapids-MI/17588044/

The flyer in the link mentions building a ramp on the Ellis lot south of this building.

And this:

https://mls.carwm.com/listing/30518552/56-Division-Ave-N-Grand-Rapids-MI-49503

And have been told that 7 stories might not be the final height of this building once all is said and done.

Keep in mind this is all still very speculative.

Does the mean adding floors or subtracting floors? I'd imagine adding. I hope adding.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NoDustBusterNoMore said:

So I just got a phone call regarding this building, did some digging and found this:

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/56-Division-Ave-N-Grand-Rapids-MI/17588044/

The flyer in the link mentions building a ramp on the Ellis lot south of this building.

And this:

https://mls.carwm.com/listing/30518552/56-Division-Ave-N-Grand-Rapids-MI-49503

And have been told that 7 stories might not be the final height of this building once all is said and done.

Keep in mind this is all still very speculative.

When did First Companies acquire that building?  or are they brokering it?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/27/2021 at 11:53 AM, Cookin_peacocks said:

Nice! Not a bad lite bump

My office is directly next to the alley next to the Keeler building and they've been out there ALL DAY doing soil samples with these loud huge drills. My fingers remain crossed that we'll see something happen here! 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2021 at 3:07 PM, GVSUChris said:

My office is directly next to the alley next to the Keeler building and they've been out there ALL DAY doing soil samples with these loud huge drills. My fingers remain crossed that we'll see something happen here! 

Jim Azur still owns the building,  First Companies is acting as his broker to try sell it for him.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.