Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Miesian Corners

Matthews Family Farm

5 posts in this topic

Looks like one of the last big pieces of south Charlotte real estate is slated for development. 90-acre mixed-use development. http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/07/31/4204228/200m-mixed-use-project-planned.html

Map of site here: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zJc6s8lzJ6ow.kY9eOBSRhiOg

Edited by Miesian Corners

Well, as far as suburban projects go, this one doesn't look too bad on the surface...

An upscale grocery store would anchor as much as 250,000 square feet of retail space.

I wonder who this could be? I know there's an Harris Teeter right across the street, so maybe not them (unless they relocate). Whole Foods or Publix, maybe?

Its Whole Foods. They have been all over the site given the demos and proximity to 485 while Publix has been lukewarm on the site since it's not on the going home side, teeter is, and there's no current connection to Tilly Morris. 

Its Whole Foods. They have been all over the site given the demos and proximity to 485 while Publix has been lukewarm on the site since it's not on the going home side, teeter is, and there's no current connection to Tilly Morris. 

Yeah when I read it I automatically thought Whole Foods. It's the perfect spot for one. Now if only we can get one in/near Uptown...