More Accolades for Nashville

Guest 5th & Main Urbanite

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Just a shift in the angle of the camera by just a little. The problem is that the skyline is changing so rapidly, good pictures of the skyline are just not out there on the internet as much without doing a more detailed search.

True, although I doubt anyone in this forum would mind if Forbes et al snatched some of the fantastic skyline shots that have been posted here.

• Like 4

From today's Nashville Post:

Vanderbilt No. 10 in Thomson Reuters’ ‘World’s Most Innovative Universities’

Vanderbilt University has been named the 10th most innovative university in the world, according to a Thomson Reuters analysis of 100 educational institutions.

The study looked at global universities “doing the most to advance science, invent new technologies and power new markets and industries. The ranking is based on a number of indicators, including patent filings and research paper citations.

Vanderbilt ranked 20th in 2016 and 34th in the inaugural 2015 ranking.

Between 2010 and 2015, Vanderbilt filed 218 patents with a 43.1 percent success rate — a figure comparable to or higher than its peers in the top 10.

Vanderbilt is the only university new to the top 10 list; the other nine remain unchanged from last year, with Stanford University in first place, followed by Massachusetts Institute of Technology and then Harvard University.

Overall, 49 of the universities in the list are located in the United States, including seven of the top 10 and 16 of the top 20.

"Innovation, research and collaboration provide the lifeblood for discovery,” said Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs Susan R. Wente. “However, none of that happens without fostering a curious, diverse and inclusive academic community that works across disciplines to solve some of our world's greatest challenges. That's what we aspire to every day at Vanderbilt, and today's recognition shows we're on the right track."

• Like 3

5 hours ago, AUNash said:

Can this really be right? I mean, I know we are booming, but I still can't quite believe we have more visitors than NOLA.

I’m completely making this up, but I would guess (if these figures are true) that it’s due to a surge in domestic tourism. We all know nashville is the “IT” city (domestically) and the bachelorette paradise.  I would guess that our surge of domestic tourists has (for now) surpassed their number of domestic+international tourists. I would still think that NOLA has a greater ratio of international/domestic tourist. I would bet NOLA has a steady figure of tourists, maybe 70% domestic and 30% international vs Nashville at 90/10%. Again, just making up numbers here. I’m sure we are seeing an increase in international tourists, but it’s probably outpaced by percentage increase of domestic. 

Edited by nashvillwill
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Nashville jumps to #4 strongest metro economy in ACBJ Economic Index, behind Provo Utah, Austin, and San Fran/Oakland:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2017/10/20/nashville-makes-big-gains-in-nationwide-analysis.html

https://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/news/2017/10/20/standings.html

My little hometown is all grown up.......        :tw_cold_sweat:

....and still growing......      :tw_no_mouth:

.....and growing....        :tw_anguished:

• Like 3

For the third straight year, Nashville was ranked among the nation's top 10 real estate markets to watch in the annual PwC/ULI Emerging Trends in Real Estate report.

The Top 10 Markets in Emerging Trends in Real Estate 2018:
1.   Seattle
2.   Austin, Texas
3.   Salt Lake City
4.   Raleigh/Durham, N.C.
5.   Dallas/Ft. Worth
6.   Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
7.   Los Angeles
8.   San Jose, Calif.
9.   Nashville
10.  Boston

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/10/26/nashville-drops-three-notches-2018-outlook-remains-top-10-u-s-real-estate-market/800160001/

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...