More Accolades for Nashville

Guest 5th & Main Urbanite

Home sales in Nashville were up nearly 7 percent last month (over Oct. of 2016), new numbers released by the Greater Nashville Realtors show. Average prices were also up compared to last year. The median price for a single-family home last month was $285,000 in Greater Nashville, compared to $259,900 for the same month last year (a 9.6% growth).

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/residential-real-estate/article/20985162/home-sales-up-nearly-7-percent-last-month

• Like 3

Every time I see an article about how nashville’s Housing market is supposedly slowing down another statistic pops up about how it’s actually still growing faster than I thought. It’s strange. I actually HOPE it slows down in the future a little and constantly absorbs and then builds again instead of exploding and fizzing out. I also think that if there is a slowdown here, there is bound to be a slowdown everywhere else as well.  The inherent qualities of life here don’t seem to be going away anytime soon (I hope), and so therefore people will probably be coming here for a long long time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Binbin98 said:

Every time I see an article about how nashville’s Housing market is supposedly slowing down another statistic pops up about how it’s actually still growing faster than I thought. It’s strange. I actually HOPE it slows down in the future a little and constantly absorbs and then builds again instead of exploding and fizzing out. I also think that if there is a slowdown here, there is bound to be a slowdown everywhere else as well.  The inherent qualities of life here don’t seem to be going away anytime soon (I hope), and so therefore people will probably be coming here for a long long time.

All of the "Nashville is slowing down" articles I've seen are usually opinion pieces from the view of one person. Also, I think if there is a housing market slowdown here, it may take effect everywhere else first before it's really felt here.

Personally I hope Nashville rides this wave for a long long time until we're above and beyond Austin, Charlotte, Atlanta... etc.

• Like 1

Having just bought a house in October (and able to vouch for the insanity of Nashville’s housing market), I hope Nashville’s housing market keeps skyrocketing, up to right after we sell in 5 years or so, then collapses long enough for us to get a bigger and beautiful place in like Germantown or 12 South, then keeps right on skyrocketing :) 

17 hours ago, NashvilleObserver said:

All of the "Nashville is slowing down" articles I've seen are usually opinion pieces from the view of one person. Also, I think if there is a housing market slowdown here, it may take effect everywhere else first before it's really felt here.

Personally I hope Nashville rides this wave for a long long time until we're above and beyond Austin, Charlotte, Atlanta... etc.

Have heard that folks at LSU's "Banking School" continue to contend Nashville has a hotel bubble ready to burst.....50,000 foot view....

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, PHofKS said:

Not so much an accolade, but a statement on how powerful Nashville's brand is around the country (and the world). From Fansided, 6 months ago. Imagine what the ratings would be in 2018 for a Nashville vs. Las Vegas Conference Final!!!

The Nashville brand and it's appeal to the nation is probably a big reason we were selected for the MLS. 

There is no doubt in my mind that we now have an MLS team as a direct result of the Preds cup run. The latter would not have happened without the former. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, nashvillwill said:

There is no doubt in my mind that we now have an MLS team as a direct result of the Preds cup run. The latter would not have happened without the former. 

As well as the two strong attendances at the soccer games this summer at Nissan Stadium (over 100K for 2 matches within a month). 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, markhollin said:

Wow!      And to clarify the numbers: 

"The data only includes tickets sold for concerts and other performances; it does not include tickets sold for sporting events, such as the Nashville Predators' historic Stanley Cup run last year."

• Like 3

From Curbed magazine:
9 Real Estate Markets to Watch in 2018

https://www.curbed.com/2018/1/9/16868250/2018-real-estate-markets-to-watch

Yep. We're in there along with the likes of Denver, Dallas, Seattle, Austin, Raleigh, etc.  A strange reference to the River North development; suggesting that tenants were already lining up. Did I miss something?

• Like 3